Prince Harry suggests COVID is rebuke from nature

webfact

Rebuke from nature. Inbreeding? His dad had covid and his brother.

The Brits in general do seem to have a very weak immunity and seem to catch it and die from it very easily. So maybe he is right. There must be a reason. 

Edited by onthedarkside
language removed
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

It may be a "natural response" but more due to overpopulation, density, etc. Nature takes care of that often with disease that spreads like wildfire through overpopulated populations that endanger ecosystem. There are too many people too crowded together on the planet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

climate change.

The Earth's axis is tilted 23.5 degrees from the plane of its orbit around the sun. But this tilt changes during a cycle , The tilt of the axis varies between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees. Because this tilt changes, the seasons as we know them become exaggerated

It is interesting to see that while many of the posters here are quick to question Harry's intellect and a few other features of this not quite royal anymore (sorry but I am not British and have not been keeping up with such status changes as it really does not interest me. However, no one actually says what is wrong with what he is saying.

What is wrong is that Harry is making an ontological mistake. He treats nature as if it is an entity that is capable of rebuking, as if it is an actual being that is capable of emotions that could give rise to a rebuke. The truth is, of course, that nature does not harbour emotions and is incapable of giving a rebuke or being <deleted> off with humans or any such behaviour. 

But he did say that it is "as if" nature is rebuking us. Again, the question here is whether this is helpful in any way. I am not saying that metaphors are not useful but they are useless when they convey the wrong message.

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

It may be a "natural response" but more due to overpopulation, density, etc. Nature takes care of that often with disease that spreads like wildfire through overpopulated populations that endanger ecosystem. There are too many people too crowded together on the planet

Salmon, Mackerel and Wildebeest beast like it that way.....:stoner:

1 hour ago, NeoDinosaw said:

It's not the light that they want, but the large amounts of money form interviews etc.   Now that he is no longer a parasite living off the British tax-payers  he needs to get another source of income. Spewing out BS is what Royals have been trained to do - but need to add controversy to make the press interested.

Love your post.

Concise and perceptive... especially the last line. Spot on.

That said, I take issue with the first point you make. "It's not the light they want,..."

Hogwash. I don't think they give a damn for bad publicity as long as it keeps them in the news.

As an American of largely British descent, and a life-long anglophile, I see this situation as a new low for British Royalty.

• Thanks 1