Job offer but not enough time to get non-B

Many schools now desperately seeking teachers who are already in Thailand. Problem is a non B visa for teaching takes about 3 or 4 weeks, (including police report from Bkk). My question is if a person on covid 19 extension until say Dec. 30th, gets a job offer  and finds out he doesn't have enough time to complete the process, will such a person be able to get further extension from immigration or the school has to possibly do without a teacher? I notice many schools are asking applicants to send in latest visa page of passport (I guess in order to see if they have enough time) and some even asking teachers who have a work permit to "jump ship" to their school.

15 hours ago, Andrew45 said:

Well, took a while but it has just sunk in that my actual status in Thailand is one of those "Foreigners stranded in Thailand due to COVID-19". Doesn't get much worse than that.

You could be stranded without a job offer.....

16 hours ago, Andrew45 said:

Well, took a while but it has just sunk in that my actual status in Thailand is one of those "Foreigners stranded in Thailand due to COVID-19". Doesn't get much worse than that.

Chin up.... a lot of places doing worse. I for one am happier to be here than the UK.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, Andrew45 said:

Many schools now desperately seeking teachers who are already in Thailand. Problem is a non B visa for teaching takes about 3 or 4 weeks, (including police report from Bkk). My question is if a person on covid 19 extension until say Dec. 30th, gets a job offer  and finds out he doesn't have enough time to complete the process, will such a person be able to get further extension from immigration or the school has to possibly do without a teacher? I notice many schools are asking applicants to send in latest visa page of passport (I guess in order to see if they have enough time) and some even asking teachers who have a work permit to "jump ship" to their school.

Why does a non-B visa application take 3 to 4 weeks?

Unless I'm mistaken, a police clearance if required can be received rush same day if you apply yourself in-person. 

If you have all the documents from the school in order, the non-B can be issued very quickly, too. 

Is it the school that's the hold-up in this situation?

Archived