Amazed by the honesty

bodga

Not for the first time this  has  happened, today  a  big  lorry  decided to turn round on my driveway as  the man opposite is doing some work on his land, I hear all this revving outside and go out to see this  lorry almost  in my gate and run down to see whats  going on...........too late <deleted> has already hit  my wall cracked the main post in 3  places and then starts to drive off....he goes to the land  opposite with my Wife in hot  pursuit. Tells  him he's  hit our wall.........he  comes over has a look and said it wasnt  him it was already damaged!!! the wheel marks off  his  lorry  visible  all over the concrete and the dent  in the doorbell cover still there, now the gate doesnt  close properly as is  out of vertical by about 2  inches.

Reminds  me of the time someone hit  my car and said the damage was already there.

Out and out LYING TURDS...head of  village is  on the way, suspect hes  gonna  repeat he didnt do it even though I was right next to it  as he reversed in waving my arms  over the gate to stop him doing even more damage. get sick of the lies here at times.

• Like 1

I used to hear the same spiel back home all the time too.

Once some young thug rear ended me at the lights in birkenhead and had the audacity to tell me it was my fault and I should have gone through when the lights were on red as there was no traffic coming the opposite way.

beggars belief ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bodga said:

too late <deleted> has already hit  my wall cracked the main post in 3  places and then starts to drive off....he goes to the land  opposite with my Wife in hot  pursuit. Tells  him he's  hit our wall.........he  comes over has a look and said it wasnt  him it was already damaged!!! the wheel marks off  his  lorry  visible  all over the concrete and the dent  in the doorbell cover still there,

Time for pictures and a witness he wasn't aware of and call the police but call the witness first to come straight away.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Time for pictures and a witness he wasn't aware of and call the police but call the witness first to come straight away.

Actually  there were two witnesses  waiting in a car to get into our  land, they watched him hit the wall................they said to my Wife.......the damage is  only small!!! Yeah it doesnt look  much but the post is cracked in 3  places so water  will get into the rebar in it, the gate now doesnt close  correctly on the bracket as its out of alignment.

These witnesses are waiting top start work on  my  land rebuilding my concrete wall  into the pond

Edited by bodga
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bodga said:

Actually  there were two witnesses  waiting in a car to get into our  land, they watched him hit the wall................they said to my Wife.......the damage is  only small!!! Yeah it doesnt look  much but the post is cracked in 3  places so water  will get into the rebar in it, the gate now doesnt close  correctly on the bracket as its out of alignment.

These witnesses are waiting top start work on  my  land rebuilding my concrete wall  into the pond

Your wife should call the police so they go and see the lorry driver and sort it out. 

Just now, bodga said:

done already they  agree  to  pay 10k for the post but thats not the  point as I  will  have to chip  out the concrete and re do it myself, local workers couldnt  put a  nail in a piece of wood, am sick to death of the stupidity, blatant lying and general total  lack of  accountability.

Am  selling  up and getting out.

OK understand good luck for your future move,  hope its a better life. 

7 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Once some young thug rear ended me at the lights in birkenhead and had the audacity to tell me it was my fault and I should have gone through when the lights were on red as there was no traffic coming the opposite way.

beggars belief ????

Rear end collision is always the fault of the person who rear ends any vehicle regardless of circumstance. Failure to stop springs to mind, ????

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Your wife should call the police so they go and see the lorry driver and sort it out. 

I find it extremely difficult to believe they'd give a toss about a damaged wall. Just look at how they reacted (or in this case didn't react) when one of their own was fatally injured in a hit and run a few years ago. 

10 minutes ago, djayz said:

I find it extremely difficult to believe they'd give a toss about a damaged wall. Just look at how they reacted (or in this case didn't react) when one of their own was fatally injured in a hit and run a few years ago. 

All situations are treated differently I guess. 

Personally we have not had any trouble like OP has,  if we did my wife would deal with it. 

6 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Well done for the most convoluted reason to bring up the Red Bull case - just proving that the TVF populace can manage to get in to any thread.

Now all we are missing is "brown envelope" and "dirty farang" then this thread has ticked all the TVF cliche boxes, we can close it and you can move on to the next one.

It offends you that people haven't forgotten? Or are you more offended by the fact that it's a great example of the ineptitude of the coppers? 

• Confused 1

On 12/3/2020 at 11:39 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

Absolutely - some jerk Aussie kid rear ended my wife causing about 30,000 baht in damage... it was near our home and he had offered her 1000 baht.. and this jerk was raging when I got there and said nothing happened and drove away, leaving the scene - we went to the police but his license plate was untraceable... fortunately we have full insurance.. 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:22 AM, bodga said:

Not for the first time this  has  happened, today  a  big  lorry  decided to turn round on my driveway as  the man opposite is doing some work on his land, I hear all this revving outside and go out to see this  lorry almost  in my gate and run down to see whats  going on...........too late <deleted> has already hit  my wall cracked the main post in 3  places and then starts to drive off....he goes to the land  opposite with my Wife in hot  pursuit. Tells  him he's  hit our wall.........he  comes over has a look and said it wasnt  him it was already damaged!!! the wheel marks off  his  lorry  visible  all over the concrete and the dent  in the doorbell cover still there, now the gate doesnt  close properly as is  out of vertical by about 2  inches.

Reminds  me of the time someone hit  my car and said the damage was already there.

Out and out LYING TURDS...head of  village is  on the way, suspect hes  gonna  repeat he didnt do it even though I was right next to it  as he reversed in waving my arms  over the gate to stop him doing even more damage. get sick of the lies here at times.

hit him hard

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Not offended by anything, just amused at the monotony and predictability of what gets posted here.  Even when a subject has absolutely nothing to do with anything - someone banging in to a gate post is a perfect example! - you can guarantee there'll be one of the regulars along to add a "hilarious" comment featuring one of these:

• Red Bull guy
  • Brown envelopes
  • Dirty farang

It gets pretty dull to be honest.

You forgot dual pricing and the fact that Thais aren't Buddhist in any way at all!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

You forgot dual pricing and the fact that Thais aren't Buddhist in any way at all!!!

Edit....

I'm aware dual pricing is a fact and in some ways unfair, but the posters who refuse to 

pay and either sit in their car for hours whilst the rest of the family have a great time or 

flounce off home because of a pitifully small, in the grand scheme of things, surcharge,

really need to get a grip!