Amazed by the honesty

bodga

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Personally, I'm in favor of dual pricing because it allows many places to stay open at a quality level that they otherwise couldn't. 

If everyone paid the Thai price, the place would be jam packed and they'd still go broke.  If everyone had to pay the higher price, the place would be like a cemetery and it would go broke for lack of overhead absorption.

That said, there's places I won't go because the value just isn't there for me at the higher price.  But that's true of venues all over the world that don't have dual pricing.   And I prefer the choice.

Err, I've been to places, waterfalls, high lookout points etc, paid the RIP off farang price to go in only to be met with sub standard safety, rubbish everywhere and a couldn't care less attitude, I don't bother any more, 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Err, I've been to places, waterfalls, high lookout points etc, paid the RIP off farang price to go in only to be met with sub standard safety, rubbish everywhere and a couldn't care less attitude, I don't bother any more, 

So you'd waste your time on places with sub-standard safety, rubbish everywhere and couldn't care less attitude if it was a little cheaper?

My time is the most valuable thing I spend, even on venues with dual pricing.  Kind of like lousy movies.  I don't mind wasting the $10 as much as the 2 hours of my life...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

So you'd waste your time on places with sub-standard safety, rubbish everywhere and couldn't care less attitude if it was a little cheaper?

My time is the most valuable thing I spend, even on venues with dual pricing.  Kind of like lousy movies.  I don't mind wasting the $10 as much as the 2 hours of my life...

double.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

double.jpg

Been there.  Well worth the money, and still about half of what I've paid to visit a National Park in the USA. 

Am I upset that local people get a discount?  Not at all.  All that matters to me is whether it's worth the price I have to pay.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

Been there.  Well worth the money, and still about half of what I've paid to visit a National Park in the USA. 

Am I upset that local people get a discount?  Not at all.  All that matters to me is whether it's worth the price I have to pay.

Well maybe you should catch a plane and and go back to the US national parks

and don't compare to the US their income is higher.

Where I live everybody pays the same, some places charge foreigners less,

have a nice night.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 11:51 AM, djayz said:

I find it extremely difficult to believe they'd give a toss about a damaged wall. Just look at how they reacted (or in this case didn't react) when one of their own was fatally injured in a hit and run a few years ago. 

Someone was killed by the same people?

On 12/3/2020 at 4:46 PM, bodga said:

done already they  agree  to  pay 10k for the post but thats not the  point as I  will  have to chip  out the concrete and re do it myself, local workers couldnt  put a  nail in a piece of wood, am sick to death of the stupidity, blatant lying and general total  lack of  accountability.

Am  selling  up and getting out.

How much do you think you could ask for the wife ? She is a keeper?

17 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Well maybe you should catch a plane and and go back to the US national parks

and don't compare to the US their income is higher.

Where I live everybody pays the same, some places charge foreigners less,

have a nice night.

I hope you don't live in Melbourne!

I paid A$500 for a round of golf at Royal Melbourne. Locals in Victoria paid $300 and nationals from other states paid $100 less than me.  Shouldn't be allowed. 

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I hope you don't live in Melbourne!

I paid A$500 for a round of golf at Royal Melbourne. Locals in Victoria paid $300 and nationals from other states paid $100 less than me.  Shouldn't be allowed. 

No I don't live in Melbourne and I never paid $500 for a round of golf but I have not played for a

few years I am getting to old now, but when ever I played there was a same price for everybody

Screenshot_2020-12-07 Golf Course Perth - Golf Price List Joondalup Resort.png

9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

No I don't live in Melbourne and I never paid $500 for a round of golf but I have not played for a

few years I am getting to old now, but when ever I played there was a same price for everybody

Screenshot_2020-12-07 Golf Course Perth - Golf Price List Joondalup Resort.png

No idea where you got that from and when!

Now, the following is real with foreigners charged $200 MORE than Ozzies! - https://www.where2golf.com/australia/royal-melbourne-golf-club-west-course/#:~:text=Green fees,Contact club for full details.

image.png.33f5bd02212f186c7c1f51825e7031cc.png