Laptop battery, any reliable shop in Thailand or online cheaper than HP service center ? Can a battery bought from an independent reseller be good ?

l4ml4m

hello,

Laptop battery is now swollen but expensive HP laptop is still good, so I would like to change the battery.

HP told me to go to BKK only to buy the new battery as other service centers do not have it, and it costs more than 3000 Thb.

I found the battery online but as always with batteries I am wondering if any independent reseller could sell a battery that won't burn the house ?

Do you know any reliable shop in Thailand or online to buy laptop batteries cheaper than HP service center ?

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

Wow ! Thank you ! I could not think about it !

Really ?

Please ! I am asking for people experience and sellers name, not someone telling me that many online shops sell batteries !

Sellers are everywhere, but you will never know if the battery quality is good or not.

Thanks again !

You might want to post the model number of your battery and see if any other TVF members have purchased the same battery

• Like 1

Zeer Rangsit has several shops selling Chinese batteries for HP. The prices range from 900 up to 1500 baht depending on the model. You get a 6 month warranty, but I have bought 2 now and they seem to last about 18 months. Go walk around and ask..

• Like 2

I purchased a new HP laptop in May 2016 and had to replace the battery in Dec 2018, due to  swelling. The battery number was BP02XL. At that time, I could not find a local shop in Surin that had a replacement in stock and as you stated, was priced at over $100 from the HP service center. An online search of JIB, Advice, Lazada and others prove fruitless. I eventually ordered off eBay for 1058 baht with free shipping. The same battery is now 100 baht less. Advice online now stocks this battery at reg. price of 2,190 baht, on sale now for 2070 baht.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, CharlieH said:

Purchased mine via Ebay and it came from China in 7 days.

I also purchased one from Ebay last year and fortunately it was less than 1000 baht. However unfortunately it degraded fairly quickly. Also unfortunately when I went to Thai post to ask about returning it (had one year warranty and buyer was happy to replace if I could send it back) they said they could not take - this was around start of Covid. Tried several offices. They said only way was by courier which would have cost more than the battery was worth. 

If I could buy from a reliable rated Thailand seller I think that would be worth paying a bit extra. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 3:15 PM, Stocky said:

I've successfully bought replacement laptop batteries through Battery Depot, they sell through Lazada.

They seem to be the biggest battery seller around ?

Maybe their batteries are better than the cheap Chinese ones ?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 6:06 PM, Crossy said:

It's also worth looking in your local branch of Amorn, many offer a re-celling service for laptop and tool batteries.

Wouldn't it be easier to buy a good quality aftermarket battery?  Or OEM battery?

Also, i forgot to tell OP to check Advice shop first.   Although they are normally 1.5-2.5x the price of lazada sellers.  But at least you can take it to someone local if it defects within warranty period.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 1:24 PM, l4ml4m said:

hello,

Laptop battery is now swollen but expensive HP laptop is still good, so I would like to change the battery.

HP told me to go to BKK only to buy the new battery as other service centers do not have it, and it costs more than 3000 Thb.

I found the battery online but as always with batteries I am wondering if any independent reseller could sell a battery that won't burn the house ?

Do you know any reliable shop in Thailand or online to buy laptop batteries cheaper than HP service center ?

Thank you.

OP not sure if you bought your battery but if you are in the Bangkok area check out Zeer Rangsit as there are a lot of shops that sell the batteries at a reasonable price and you can check them out at the store.

• Like 1

I bought an inexpensive (B800) replacement battery for my 7 year old HP Pavilion laptop on Lazada and it totally died in less than a year.  That laptop is too big and heavy to carry around so I didn't bother trying to replace it again.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:38 PM, kingstonkid said:

OP not sure if you bought your battery but if you are in the Bangkok area check out Zeer Rangsit as there are a lot of shops that sell the batteries at a reasonable price and you can check them out at the store.

Are there computer places in Zeer that can replace the battery too? Also have HP Envy with a battery running out of steam, and will be staying at the Asia Airport in the Zeer complex next week. 

9 minutes ago, Spock said:

Are there computer places in Zeer that can replace the battery too? Also have HP Envy with a battery running out of steam, and will be staying at the Asia Airport in the Zeer complex next week. 

HP are a trash brand my HP battery lasted a year. Buy something decent, current laptop battery lasts 18 hours

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, proton said:

HP are a trash brand my HP battery lasted a year. Buy something decent, current laptop battery lasts 18 hours

You imply that you had an unspecified problem with one unspecified product and you think that entitles you to condemn the whole of that company's products on a public forum!  

27 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You imply that you had an unspecified problem with one unspecified product and you think that entitles you to condemn the whole of that company's products on a public forum!  

HP is not unspecified, buy that sub standard product if you like but don't moan about it when the battery gives up. I contacted then after a year- do not make any longer. HP and Acer I would not buy at half their prices.

10 hours ago, Spock said:

They should there are many shops that sell batteries 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, proton said:

Do you have any advice on brands? My HP battery also dropped by half in a year. Get 5 hours out of it now.

Edited by Spock

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Do you have any advice on brands? My HP battery also dropped by half in a year. Get 5 hours out of it now.

Macbook air lasts 18 hours, down slightly after 18 months.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1