DPM Prawit orders nationwide CCTV installations

webfact

DPM Prawit orders nationwide CCTV installations

644c356cdfc0af9880facc18ce45d149_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has ordered more CCTV cameras to be installed across the country, targeting roads and border areas to prevent illegal entry.

The national CCTV system planning and managing committee, chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan, has approved the plan to link all CCTV networks in the country by 2022.

The committee has acknowledged a report, from the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, which has ordered CAT Telecom to connect 350 CCTV cameras, previously running on 7 separate networks, to a central management system. This operation has been successful.

DPM Gen Prawit has urged that the plan must be carried out carefully, to ensure a seamless integration of CCTV networks, which can better help the authorities to protect the general public and suppress crimes.

He emphasized the need for cameras to be installed on roads, at border crossings and along natural borders, in order to prevent attempts to enter the country illegally.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, but they will later be found not working, necessitating a committee to look into what went wrong and which scapegoat to blame.

Ah, by then the commissions will have been pocketed and spent, maybe another new Richard Mille or a Rolex Daytona!

Edited by PatOngo
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The Cameras could possibly be monitored by the same Team that sit and watch all the Cameras that dont work in Pattaya City.

They are experts in watching nothing for Hours and Days.

mostly with both eyes  closed, the perfect job for  many Thais, security man at our  condo..Ive never seen him awake at  night yet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:
1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, but they will later be found not working, necessitating a committee to look into what went wrong and which scapegoat to blame.

Ah, by then the commissions will have been pocketed and spent, maybe another new Richard Mille or a Rolex Daytona!

Get thee behind me Satan, preferably to a water closet of the patron saint of medial emergencies choosing.

• Haha 1

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has ordered more CCTV cameras to be installed across the country, targeting roads and border areas to prevent illegal entry.

Did he dream that? That's of course needed when all soldiers have the top positions. 

I do not know any other country that has so many soldiers in very important positions.

But I feel much safer now and will sleep well tonight. 

Dino.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I was just thinking  the same. How can CCTV be installed 'along natural borders'?

The logistics for installation, maintenance, cabling/remote comms systems, power - all along the thousands of kilometres of isolated area. Not to mention deliberate sabotage by people/drug traffickers.

Prawit's talking out of his medical emergency-induced backside.

The cameras will soon be used by drug traffickers to make sure that soldiers do not get a piece of the cake.

Have you ever heard of solar cells, Bluetooth and so on? But that would of course be way too difficult for them to manage.

Perhaps the Chinese friends can offer some high tech that does all that from their satellites and sends the images to Prawit? 

5 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has ordered more CCTV cameras to be installed across the country, targeting roads and border areas to prevent illegal entry.

Did he dream that? That's of course needed when all soldiers have the top positions. 

I do not know any other country that has so many soldiers in very important positions.

But I feel much safer now and will sleep well tonight. 

Dino.jpg

As will I, especially with all those eyes watching over me.. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SmartyMarty said:

Every time Prawit opens his mouth he displays his complete ineptitude for his job. 

Come on mate bit harsh that comment Prawit only ever does /says things that will benefit the country and the people.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:????

• Haha 1