Best method for extending a Single Entry Non Immigrant O Visa based on Marriage

Good Afternoon folks,

I am currently in Thailand on a 90 day Single Entry Non Immigrant O Visa (family) which is to expire on Christmas day.

I've seen posts with regards to multiple entry Visas and people looking to convert my visa type into a 1 year marriage. However, I'm looking for the best strategy for renewing the visa for a further 60 days and possibly 60 more based on a single entry. Is it currently possible to renew 60 days citing Covid as an issue in the UK then extending a further 60 days based on family?

Please forgive me if this is a repetitive question, my brain has melted via a newborn. 

Cheers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Best to obtain extension based on marriage, however left it too late for seasoning money in bank.

You could just obtain "covid extensions". 

How long do you hope to stay in Thailand? 

Thanks for the reply.

We're looking to stay in Thailand until March as the settlement Visa will take a while to process. 

Do you know which immigration office will issue a Covid extension, the one near Don Mueang Airport perhaps?

18 minutes ago, PeterRoy said:

Thanks for the reply.

We're looking to stay in Thailand until March as the settlement Visa will take a while to process. 

Do you know which immigration office will issue a Covid extension, the one near Don Mueang Airport perhaps?

Yes. The extension is not done at CW you will attend Muang Thong Thani. Many threads about the process. Do google search "60 day extension MTT thaivisa" and threads will appear with recent reports of process.

Keep an eye on thaivisa forum second half of Dec for updates.

Good luck.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PeterRoy said:

Excellent information, thank you.

Also keep an eye on requirement to present TM30. 

Last month some folk were asked to provide and some not at MTT.

If your hotel in bkk can provide print out of tm30 that would be good to take along.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeterRoy said:

Thanks for the reply.

What is a settlement Visa?

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

What is a settlement Visa?

Spouse Visa (Settlement Visa) The commonly known UK Spouse Visa or Settlement Visa is meant for the spouse, partner, proposed partner, civil partner, child or other dependant relative of a person who is currently settled in the UK or coming to the UK to settle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PeterRoy said:

Excellent information, thank you.

I suggest you apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension first that would allow you to stay until February and then a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you need more time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I see it mentioned often but what is a Covid extension?

It is a special 60 day extension that immigration is issuing due to the covid 19 pandemic. It is a replacement for the amnesties they did before.

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are any documents required?

Just basic stuff. TM7, ID page passport along with tm6, most recent entry stamp, current permission of stay stamp. 1900baht.

You sign an affidavit they provide. 

Sometimes they ask for TM30.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2