Jump to content

Fiber internet service


Recommended Posts

Maybe this has been posted and maybe re-posted but can't find anything related to it thus posting again. Currently have 3BB fiber 500/200 or something like that but the service lately not as stable as it used to be, does anybody has the AIS fiber service, how is it? connection and speed stable? saw their advertise web site for a 500/500 at 599 baht month, this is the same price I pay with 3BB, what about TRUE and/or TOT better or same same

appreciate the feed back

 

Edited by Mavideol
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our condo complex has no contract with any provider, any owner can select the provider they want but they will have to run the cable themselves, I have 3BB some have AIS and TOT unfortunately none cur

It depends where you live.   My experience that TOT Fibre 2U is excellent, where I live in Hat Yai, is most likely completely useless to you.

I have TOT Fiber optic. 300+mb. Cost for that is 600bht. But they do do odd specials. For the last 4 months they have been charging 300bht for the same thing . Reverts back to 600 in Jan: Is it a

Posted Images

If you have 3BB fibre you get 1gb now for 590bht, as long as your LAN card can handle 1 gb. But, I get about 300 upload and download where I am, which is ample. If you have a problem call their help line in English, 1530.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, transam said:

If you have 3BB fibre you get 1gb now for 590bht, as long as your LAN card can handle 1 gb. But, I get about 300 upload and download where I am, which is ample. If you have a problem call their help line in English, 1530.....

thanks old chap, I did call and they told me they had upgraded me free of charge to 1 GB but my test only reports 485-487 down and 178 - 193 up, they are supposed to come and check if hardware problem but I would prefer to change service as I am having a dispute regarding their yearly charge as well, they are wrong and they can't understand that or our communication is not good and they don't understand my claim

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know what your options are?

Many condos have contracts with one provider.  Mine is True and I am very happy with it.

And rural areas even developments may not have all the options you mention.

I have a friend in CM he lives about 20 minutes outside the city the only line available is 3BB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Do you know what your options are?

Many condos have contracts with one provider.  Mine is True and I am very happy with it.

And rural areas even developments may not have all the options you mention.

I have a friend in CM he lives about 20 minutes outside the city the only line available is 3BB.

Our condo complex has no contract with any provider, any owner can select the provider they want but they will have to run the cable themselves, I have 3BB some have AIS and TOT unfortunately none currently staying at their place to allow me to ask their advise

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Maybe this has been posted and maybe re-posted but can't find anything related to it thus posting again. Currently have 3BB fiber 500/200 or something like that but the service lately not as stable as it used to be, does anybody has the AIS fiber service, how is it? connection and speed stable? saw their advertise web site for a 500/500 at 599 baht month, this is the same price I pay with 3BB, what about TRUE and/or TOT better or same same

appreciate the feed back

 

I have Power 4 or something like that from AIS. Very stable, with ZTE router that is fully configurable (guest networks, whether clients can see each other, etc. and supports WPA2 AES). Never had issues with it in several years. It replaced 3BB after it became unstable. That happened after cables got buried under the pavement downstairs... they must have messed up something as it was very stable before.

 

As said, for AIS no issues, but I do have a weekly reboot of fiber modem and router set up as I had with 3BB before. This is FTTH. If you were in a high floor condo, that would be FTTX which only goes to 250 mbps. Or so I'm told by AIS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Currently have 3BB fiber 500/200 or something like that but the service lately not as stable as it used to be

 

Why you think it is not as stable as it used to be? Is because your streams from the free apps buffer more than before?

 

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Our condo complex has no contract with any provider, any owner can select the provider they want but they will have to run the cable themselves,

 

Which means, new provider is paying again for that cale run, because they will not use the Fibre from the other provider

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have TOT Fiber optic. 300+mb. Cost for that is 600bht. But they do do odd specials. For the last 4 months they have been charging 300bht for the same thing . Reverts back to 600 in Jan:

Is it any good well yes I never have any problems with my set up. Saying that once a lorry went through the wire but it was repaired in just over an hour. 

 

N/B they do other setups less M/B or more. You pay less or more depending on what you want. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fredob43 said:

I have TOT Fiber optic. 300+mb. Cost for that is 600bht. But they do do odd specials. For the last 4 months they have been charging 300bht for the same thing . Reverts back to 600 in Jan:

Is it any good well yes I never have any problems with my set up. Saying that once a lorry went through the wire but it was repaired in just over an hour. 

 

N/B they do other setups less M/B or more. You pay less or more depending on what you want. Oh and they fitted the F/O for free.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have  had TOT fibre for the past 4 years and they have upgraded me for free to the latest 1000/500, they are very good with customer service in english (1100-9). I am in Nonthaburi area.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Susco said:

 

Why you think it is not as stable as it used to be? Is because your streams from the free apps buffer more than before?

 

 

Which means, new provider is paying again for that cale run, because they will not use the Fibre from the other provider

 nothing to do with buffering or shared cable as I run my own cable (fiber) from my place to their box, it has to do with the outside cables/lines or whatever that is, it's down/dead  2-3 days a week for periods of 4++ hours at the time, saw their people repairing the lines, they do it on a regular basis that shows they are using poor quality supplies, this is going on for quite some time and I am tired of it, I paid for 1 year subscription in advance and expect service for 1 year 365/366 days not for 300 days

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I have Power 4 or something like that from AIS. Very stable, with ZTE router that is fully configurable (guest networks, whether clients can see each other, etc. and supports WPA2 AES). Never had issues with it in several years. It replaced 3BB after it became unstable. That happened after cables got buried under the pavement downstairs... they must have messed up something as it was very stable before.

 

As said, for AIS no issues, but I do have a weekly reboot of fiber modem and router set up as I had with 3BB before. This is FTTH. If you were in a high floor condo, that would be FTTX which only goes to 250 mbps. Or so I'm told by AIS.

what do you mean by reboot and use FTTX/FTTH do you have your own cable or do you use the condo's shared cable, I have my own fiber cable and never had to reboot with 3BB, only rebooted if I wanted to refresh the service as we had some power outages

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...