Online application of COE, overseas mobile number error

I tried to apply the Cert of Entry (COE) via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Everything was fine until I entered "overseas mobile number", no matter I tried to enter the country code and mobile number directly, add a + before, put the country code inside ( ), it showed an error message. 

I tried to ignore this and submit but failed. 

Anyone has encounter this technical problem and how to fix it? 

thank you

12 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Just gave it a try.  001 prefix didn't work;

1199548067_Screenshot2020-12-03at11_39_07.png.fdb18b1ed6397ac6c73bfbaaa732590e.png

But + worked fine;

1676176292_Screenshot2020-12-03at11_37_47.png.1f095c4fbdaa8b1782120e9a3234c031.png

It's the 001 prefix that's incorrect. The prefix should be 0044 or +44 in your example. 1 is the country code for the US and 44 is the code for the UK. So your example has 2 country codes.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

It's the 001 prefix that's incorrect. The prefix should be 0044 or +44 in your example. 1 is the country code for the US and 44 is the code for the UK. So your example has 2 country codes.

As its a Thai form being filled in 001 would be a correct dialling code prefix for calling FROM Thailand to an overseas number.  

9 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

If I recall the 001 is also an 'old' access code to International inside a few countries too. For a particular provider.

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

As its a Thai form being filled in 001 would be a correct dialling code prefix for calling FROM Thailand to an overseas number.  

So why does 001 not work on the designated web form?

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

If I recall the 001 is also an 'old' access code to International inside a few countries too. For a particular provider.

Agree. There are certain prefixes like 001 004 009 from certain Thai providers that do have cheaper calls. Given that this is a Thai website I'm not sure that it would validate lots of vendor specific cheaper dialing codes. Thats the point I'm trying to make, its more about the web form validation than the ability to make the call.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

• 9 months later...

*Bump*

There's also an error/bug on the Thai national form for US mobile number (US site, LA consulate).    It allows you to enter +0 if you don't have an "other country" number but the system rejects you for not having a number a day later.   Resubmitted with Google number.   Knock on wood.