Chiang Mai to Nan

dingdongrb

Why are you asking this question in the Chiang Rai forum?

And unless you are one of the lucky 500 people who came into contact with one of the many Mae Sai/Tachilek  girls, why would you think you have to self quarantine travelling within Thailand at all?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

As far as I am aware if she has been living/working in Chang Mai then with inter province travel there is no need to self isolate/quarantine when she goes home, we are off to visit the outlaws soon, just book into our normal resort, no other conditions or requirements.

• Thanks 1

I'm in Chiang Khong (Chiang Rai Province) ...with the big family working in Royal Police, Marine Police, Military, Local Government, etc, etc, and they say the whole of Thailand at the moment has no quarantine requirements for inter-Province or intra-Thailand travel.

The last reference I can find regarding quarantine in Nan Province is a (since deleted) google search: 

Announcement of Nan Province regarding private accommodation as a place to stay for observation (Local Quarantine) of Nan Province (order on June 29, 2020)

11 minutes ago, RichCor said:

I'm in Chiang Khong (Chiang Rai Province) ...with the big family working in Royal Police, Marine Police, Military, Local Government, etc, etc, and they say the whole of Thailand at the moment has no quarantine requirements for inter-Province or intra-Thailand travel.

The last reference I can find regarding quarantine in Nan Province is a (since deleted) google search: 

Announcement of Nan Province regarding private accommodation as a place to stay for observation (Local Quarantine) of Nan Province (order on June 29, 2020)

Much better reply, many thanks.

On 12/4/2020 at 7:03 AM, ChakaKhan said:

I hear they used to have a zoo in Nan, until the duck died.....that town is so small it only has one yellow page ????

I have only been there once and even though it's not a huge city I felt it was pretty well sized.

Yellow page, what's that?

On 12/3/2020 at 7:16 PM, Tarteso said:

No problem... a friend of mine just come back from Nan to CM after a one week trip..

I'm more concerned with entering Nan, not leaving. That is because it seems that all the Providences have their own set of rules.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

I'm more concerned with entering Nan, not leaving. That is because it seems that all the Providences have their own set of rules.

My friend traveled from Chiang Mai to Nan, stayed a few days and returned to CM, as I told you, without problem to entry or exit in Nan.

Edited by Tarteso

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

My friend traveled from Chiang Mai to Nan, stayed a few days and returned to CM, as I told you, without problem to entry or exit in Nan.

Well, you didn't actually provide any date as to when they entered Nan. I am more concerned since the recent news of the case(s) here in CM.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Thats what she said...yellow page as in the old time phone books, which tend to have many pages..im old

I know what you meant but when was the last time a city printed and distributed a phone book, and you just happen to have a recent copy of one from Nan..... LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Well, you didn't actually provide any date as to when they entered Nan. I am more concerned since the recent news of the case(s) here in CM.

Read again my first post, written at Thursday..Thank u

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1

AFAIK there is no quarantine for any of the Thai provinces. You can bet it would be splashed all over Thai Visa and the Bangkok Post if there was.

Having said that, the next two weeks while the health authorities sort out the mess created by the idiots from Myanmar will bear watching.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Read again my first post, written at Thursday..Thank u

Here's your first post:

"No problem... a friend of mine just come back from Nan to CM after a one week trip.."

I guess I was looking for a more specific date.

'Just came back' to some could have been within the same hour of you making that post, and to others it could have been 2 weeks before making that post. Since this recent COVID case just came about I was merely trying to get a feel if Nan had perhaps required a quarantine for those coming from the infected Providence. I wasn't trying to upset you, sorry.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My GF is now telling me traffic from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on the 118 has been halted, sorry don't have a link.

I would think they would close down the airport first, or simultaneously, if it was Covid-19 related.

Chiang Rai has been slow on the reaction/response.

News reports now have 2 women and 4 men who also illegally crossed from Tachileik to MaeSai subsequently testing positive. Two of the infected people in Chiang Rai and Phayao Province visited the a Farm Festival 2020 event in Rai Sing Park (Singha Park) on 29th November. More than 300 Singha Park officers and employees were examined and tested.

Edit: Ouch!

More than 80 Thais who worked at Myanmar hotel linked to COVID-19 outbreak skipped quarantine
By rooster59, 12 hours ago in Thailand News

If the number of people found infected expand I'd expect many northern provinces to go into mandatory 2-week self-isolation. 

Edited by RichCor

2 hours ago, pgthompson said:

Why would you go to Chiang Rai,? The subject is Chiang Mai to Nan.

True. However, the possibility exists that the OP goes to Nan, then is not allowed back into Chiang Mai province. The next two weeks are fairly critical.

39 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

going half way to Chiang Rai

CM-WiangPapao-Payao-Naan

Payao- Naan is considered senic and a good mc ride

The turnoff to Phayao is at Mae Kacharn after Baan Nam Ronn, Wiang PaPao is further up the 118. Unless you know a route I'm unaware of.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

The turnoff to Phayao is at Mae Kacharn after Baan Nam Ronn, Wiang PaPao is further up the 118. Unless you know a route I'm unaware of.

Correct.  Apologies for my error. Whenever I was in the area I would stop in Wiang Papao to visit a mate so that is the name my aging head came up with.

remember the road over to Phayao was not paved, ok dry

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Correct.  Apologies for my error. Whenever I was in the area I would stop in Wiang Papao to visit a mate so that is the name my aging head came up with.

remember the road over to Phayao was not paved, ok dry

Must be quite a while since you've been there, it was 100% paved when I drove on it about 4 years ago.

43 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Must be quite a while since you've been there, it was 100% paved when I drove on it about 4 years ago.

Correct again.  Been over it a few times in  past 10-12 years and found it all paved.  Memory of it being unpaved goes back to late 80’s or early 90’s.  A lot of great dirt mountain roads to enjoy back then.

52 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Correct again.  Been over it a few times in  past 10-12 years and found it all paved.  Memory of it being unpaved goes back to late 80’s or early 90’s.  A lot of great dirt mountain roads to enjoy back then.

I'll have to chalk this up, being right twice in a row is some kind of record on TV.

• Haha 2