Myanmar woman flees COVID-19 test in Phang Nga, found in Phuket

snoop1130

Myanmar woman flees COVID-19 test in Phang Nga, found in Phuket

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1606989539_1-org.jpg

Officers found the woman earlier today (Dec 3). Photo: Phuket Immigration

PHUKET:-- A Myanmar woman who entered the country illegally and worked at a market in Phuket has been located and taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital. The woman fled a hospital in Phang Nga last night where she was taken to be tested for COVID-19.

“We have already found the woman and taken her to Vachira Phuket Hospital,” Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Col Nareuwat Putthawiro briefly told The Phuket News’ Thai-language sister newspaper Khao Phuket this afternoon (Dec 3).

“Now we are waiting for her [COVID-19] test result.” he said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/myanmar-woman-flees-covid-19-test-in-phang-nga-found-in-phuket-78193.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-12-03

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

She arrived at hospital 7.38 pm, The hospital staff called police to keep an eye on her because she was acting suspiciously, she fled the hospital at 11pm

Have they arrived yet?

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2020 at 10:25 PM, snoop1130 said:

The woman fled a hospital in Phang Nga last night where she was taken to be tested for COVID-19.

If I remember correctly if tested and you don't have the virus you pay 3000 Baht or whatever ?? but if you do have it then the test is free. 

Maybe she was frighten off thinking she would have to pay

On 12/4/2020 at 12:51 AM, Albert Zweistein said:

Low or not educated people.

No, it's the all about me, me and me attitude and unless the government gets serious about enforcing the law in every matter in this country, they will continue to do what they want.

I am amazed at the lack of law enforcement in this country, it's an absolute shame, throw them straight into the slammer for 5 years and make sure the media eco's it for months so as to deter other from trying it, i.e. unless they make an example of them, nothing will change.