People in Close Contact with Infected Women Test Negative

snoop1130

People in Close Contact with Infected Women Test Negative

New-Project-2020-12-03T150011.34.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 3 (TNA) – More than 170 persons, who came in close contact with ten Covid-19 infected women and put at high risk tested negative for coronavirus, said the Public Health Ministry.

Ten illegal returnees from Myanmar sneaked across the border from Tachileik to Chiang Rai through natural passages and were later found being infected.

They travelled to many provinces including Bangkok but tests on people close to them turned negative. So far, they caused no local infections.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-594948

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-12-03

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

More than 170 persons, who came in close contact with ten Covid-19 infected women and put at high risk tested negative for coronavirus, said the Public Health Ministry.

If they find one and admit it I'll eat my hat.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait, I thought there was an incubation period, so in essence since they tested negative already they will not check them again.  Just like all of the other positives they have had and then the hundreds if not thousands of contacts they tested were negative.  Well then Thailand really is a magical place where the virus does not pass from one person to another, but just magically appears out of nowhere when someone gets it....well that is good to know.

Amazing. Would like to know if the contacts have been locked in state quarantine with multiple tests required before release. If not then why different from anyone arriving into Thailand on a flight? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, welshguy said:

Strange indeed!!

So I "assume" these 10 naughty Thai ladies will be in quarrantine now?  

From what Ive read, it seems  everybody coming into Thailand   .....(legally of course!)...are tested on arrival....they are negative....then after say 10 days..they have covid?   Will these people who have "been in close contact"   with the oh so naughty Thai 10 infected women ,  will they all be re tested again?  

Lucky Thailand....seems to be really hard to infect somebody in the land of smiles..

What they are saying is,  (here in the west that is!).....is that  you can catch it from door handles/people sneezing etc etc....... let alone "close contact"?! Lucky Thailand indeed.!

They are in quarantine and they will be tested again. EVERYONE in Thailand goes into quarantine, even if asymotpmatic. They need to return 2 negative swabs (I think voer 24 hrs), before they are considered negative. I imagine thye will be tested on the last day before release.