My very poor wifi connection.

Mason45

My Ais Unlimited wifi drops out all the time and it costs me 600 baht per month, whereas my wife uses the Governments free wifi and it never falters. Which begs the question, who provides the wifi for the Government. I'm very interested to know because I may use that providers paid service which could fix my current problem. Thanks.

CAT and TRUE are probably the major infrastructure providers, but I believe I've also seen AIS as the provider in some locations for government provided WiFi.

The only way to tell is to look for the small street or wall signage.

Consistent Internet is best when you have the WiFi Access Point in the same room or building. You can also improve your wireless connectivity by making sure to provide your device with the strongest source signal. Switching to an external USB WiFi adapter, especially one with an external antenna or directional panel can improve things.

Another option, if indeed you are an AIS SuperWiFi subscriber, is switching to AIS (or other) Mobile Wireless Internet. This can be done by purchasing a 4G/LTE or 4G/5G WiFi Hotspot along with a 6mo or 12mo prepaid Internet subscription SIM.

I've had similar problems on a couple of occasions that were fixed when I replaced the WIFI card in my laptop, and when I replaced the vendor's modem/router in my apartment.  I'm not going to pretend I know what went wrong with those components.  Just that replacing them worked wonders.

Also had improvements when I used a USB adapter and mounted the antenna higher up on my bookshelf (laptop in different room from the modem/router).  It was a PITA compared to using the internal WIFI antenna on my laptop, but, oh well.