Thailand to launch nationwide Covid-19 vaccination in May

snoop1130

Groups with natural immunity? Who would that be ? Or did DJT make a detour to Asia and convince people that "children are practically immune" LOL

Some groups are more likely to get a severe reaction to the virus than others. Younger people in general have milder or no symptoms, but there is no immunity. If certain. Groups had immunity, why did the world lock them up line the rest?

Bad translation or lack of knowledge?

54 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Good start but the entire population needs to be vaccinated so come on Thailand you can afford it dig deep into your pickets and get the Job done as a matter of urgency 

If I could buy at bt.23.00 per dose the same as the government does I would happy buy enough to vaccinate family and friends.

Also free to foreigners?

Anyone know how long it takes for the vaccine to become effective?

I suppose any foreigner entering the country would have to provide proof of vaccination.

Would the rental girls provide proof they have been vaccinated?

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The first to be called for registration will be medical staff, young children, the elderly, and vulnerable groups.

I bet one of the first people to be vaccinated will be health minister Anutin. After all, he is both a child AND elderly; not to mention that he's also quite vulnerable judging from how easily he is always offended by even the slightest criticism.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

It's nasty for a small minority of people. My niece is 16 and had it. No symptoms whatsoever..

Deaths and problems are concentrated in the old and sick. Like many diseases, covid also targets old and sick. Most hospitalizations in Miami for Covid are people who go to the hospital for another reason and don't even know or suspect that they have it.

True, it mostly impacts the elderly.  But many others are dying also.  Young, strong, and not old. Let's not downplay the severity of this virus.  And not forget those with long term effects.  Many of which are not fully understood yet.

• Like 1

Once enough vaccine becomes available, which probably won’t be for a year or more, if the Government paid every Thai citizen who had the 2 shots 5,000 baht that would guarantee that nearly the whole population would be vaccinated, and then the border could reopen to vaccinated foreigners.

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

May? Why not January?

That means the economy is going to be closed for a long time.

Pfizer has just announced, they can't deliver the proposed 100.000 probes but only the half until end of this year.

Even if they produce in Thailand. A vaccine can't produce easily like a soup from a recipe. Alone this take month.

From where shall the doses come from?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

May? Why not January?

That means the economy is going to be closed for a long time.

It will take until May of full, flat out production in Belgium of the Vaccine for Astra Zenica to even get to the order placed by Thailand just last week.

Others will have a higher priority as they had faith in AZ to produce a viable Vaccine, and placed their Orders many weeks ,if not months ago, whilst Thailand sat on a fence waiting to see which Vaccine would be the Worlds first.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

It will take until May of full, flat out production in Belgium of the Vaccine for Astra Zenica to even get to the order placed by Thailand just last week.

Others will have a higher priority as they had faith in AZ to produce a viable Vaccine, and placed their Orders many weeks ,if not months ago, whilst Thailand sat on a fence waiting to see which Vaccine would be the Worlds first.

From what I've read, there are many vaccines under development.  50-100 or so.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

i have kids and totally with you mate on the bringing stuff home thing lol! 

i just thought kids were practically immune to covid. isn't that why they keep primary schools open during lockdowns now?

Some children have died of it in Western countries, and more have had bad after effects.

They may be less likely to die of it, but it seems they are not immune.

Check this article from the Mayo clinic. Special attention to the info about MIS-C.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405

Edited by Kwaibill
Forgot to paste relevant article.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A public information campaign will also explain that groups with high natural immunity don’t need to be vaccinated right away.

How can they tell who is in these groups?  Will there be prior testing?

So, the argument is that the SARS-COV2 virus recognizes the border, stops at the border crossing and respects national laws. It would never go over a border and come back but it certainly loves to hitch a ride on people who crossover legally or illegaly. What a crock of ......

3 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

So, the argument is that the SARS-COV2 virus recognizes the border, stops at the border crossing and respects national laws. It would never go over a border and come back but it certainly loves to hitch a ride on people who crossover legally or illegaly. What a crock of ......

What?  You can't be serious.

34 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The Astra Zeneca vaccine is being made in 15 sites, including Thailand and India, as well as the UK.  I think you are getting it  confused with the Pfizer vaccine.

• Like 1

In Thailand i would only like to get the Moderna vaccine as is the only one who is in easy transport temperature to travell and can be stored in fridge temperature for short time use by medics ...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Then the question is: Why did they not preorder as well, as other countries did? 

Where they just waiting for a Chinese vaccine? Or are their priorities more to have arguments to keep the emergency law as long as possible active during the coming year? Or were they busy with their own money making and just forgot to preorder a vaccine? Or, are the Western vaccines simply too quickly available now, as the bankrupted Thai tourism industry is not yet cheap enough for investors from China and from their own clique?

Probably all these points play a role together.

Some countries just couldn't afford to order the Pfizer or Moderna vaccinces and the former is unsuitable for tropical 3rd world countries due to its storage requirements.  Thailand has done a deal to produce the Astra Zeneca virus.  They had hopes of the Chula vaccine which was never going to happen and we hear no more of it now.  I am sure you are right that they are also hoping for low cost Chinese vaccines.

Since there is very little COVID in Thailand at the moment letting human guinea pigs in other countries test the vaccines first might work in our favour and they may also come out with a single dose vaccine.

I expect private hospitals will be selling very high priced vaccines ahead of the government programme, depending on Thai FDA approvals.

No mention of vaccination certificate requirement for visa renewal but that will probably come.  

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Not quite that simple, many folks have other complications they can't ignore.

And how is that Thailand's problem?

The post I originally replied to is <deleted>:

"It might take at least one more year till they allow us dirty farangs to come back to Thailand, even if we were vaccinated."

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The cost for each dose ranges from $3 to $37, depending on the vaccine.

Moderna, a two-dose vaccine, recently announced each dose will go for around $32 to $37.

The Pfizer vaccine, also given in two doses, is expected to cost $19.50 a dose.

Each dose for Johnson & Johnson’s two-dose vaccine will cost an estimated $10, and AstraZeneca’s two-dose vaccine could be the cheapest at just $3 to $4 a dose.

Overall, the developers found that the 2-dose vaccine had an efficacy of 70%, when measured 2 weeks after participants received their second dose. But that figure is an average of the 62% and 90% efficacy from the two dosing regimens. 

They probably bought this vaccine because it is cheaper. Cheap cheap how much is a life worth..

I will never take this questionable UK produced vaccine.

They could not even issue the correct doses and 62,70,90% what is it really? What other mistakes were made?

No problem, hopefully I can get the Pfizer jab here but if not, I will travel to a country to get it.

Ha ha but you forgot you won’t be able to travel unless you’ve had a jab prior so what’s your option now

16 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

mate, even soi dogs are ahead of us in the queue 

That may be best. I wouldn't count on the Thai FDA to be able to sort out the dosing conflicts and data culmination at AstraZeneca and Oxfords

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-insigh/fortune-or-foresight-astrazeneca-and-oxfords-stories-clash-on-covid-19-vaccine-idUSKBN28D2A7&ved=2ahUKEwjiys6z3LLtAhWR26QKHdNQAaQQFjACegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0FCosLSn2dmLQosJMS-2fD

• Haha 1