London embassy shut due to Covid outbreak

The Thai embassy has been closed to the public for many months. They do about everything online or by mail. 

They do have appointments available for certain things that have to be done in person (Thai passport, birth certificates and etc).

I assume your only option is to mail your passports to them to get the visas signed.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Thai embassy has been closed to the public for many months. They do about everything online or by mail. 

They do have appointments available for certain things that have to be done in person (Thai passport, birth certificates and etc).

I assume your only option is to mail your passports to them to get the visas signed.

My friends say there is nobody working there. Hard to believe somehow. But that's the situation as it stands. Apparently there has been an outbreak at the embassy itself.

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

My friends say there is nobody working there.

I suspect that might be a rumor. I find it very hard to believe they close the embassy completely. Or maybe it could be confusion with embassy and the honorary consulates that have been closed but now can issue single entry tourist visas.

They have had some of the staff working from home for months now.

Have they advised you what to do now. I think I would be preparing to mail my passport if I was in you situation.

I think they're closed for a deep cleaning. At least that's what the communique said which they released, and on their FB page.

′′ Announcement of the Embassy in London on temporary closure of the Embassy's building and services to kill Coronavirus inside the building Royal Thai Embassy, London Public Announcement: Temporary Closure of the Embassy Premises and Services ′′

Reopening Tuesday Dec. 8

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiEmbLondon/

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think they're closed for a deep cleaning. At least that's what the communique said which they released, and on their FB page.

′′ Announcement of the Embassy in London on temporary closure of the Embassy's building and services to kill Coronavirus inside the building Royal Thai Embassy, London Public Announcement: Temporary Closure of the Embassy Premises and Services ′′

Reopening Tuesday Dec. 8

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiEmbLondon/

That's it. My friend is hoping to get the signatures on Tuesday, the day before he is due to fly. Thanks.

46 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

It was closed till 2nd of December from what I remember with online applications or by mail only .

Although I’m still waiting on a response from 3 emails I sent last week to them  , but I sent one 10 days ago and got a response in hours . 

Opening hopefully 8th. They said the check in desk knows all the signatures so faking one is not on the cards. But if that is the case why can't they phone through to the check-in desk and give them the visa numbers to let them through? Nothing out of the box available unfortunately. My friends got to schlep all the way back to the Embassy in the hope there will be someone somewhere who can endorse the stamp.

Archived