Gold Line monorail to open Dec 16 at Bt15 per trip

webfact

Gold Line monorail to open Dec 16 at Bt15 per trip

By The Nation

800_9b60246819b2c30.jpg?v=1607001287

Bangkok’s 1.8-kilometre Gold Line monorail on the Thonburi side of the river will open on December 16, according to contractors AMR Asia.

The Gold Line links up with the Skytrain Green Line after BTS Saphan Taksin station and is designed to make travel between central Bangkok and Thonburi quicker and more convenient.

Trains are now being tested on the three-station route, which runs from Krung Thon Buri Skytrain station to Khlong San District Office station.

The third station, Charoen Nakhon, will feed the vast Iconsiam shopping mall on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River.

BTS Saphan Taksin has also been upgraded with two platforms and a double track to accommodate passengers linking up with the Gold Line at BTS Krung Thon Buri station.

The second phase of the Bt3-billion project will extend the track 0.88km to Prajadhipok Station.

Driverless trains will operate on the route, which will link up with three other electric train systems – the Silom Line (Green Line) at BTS Krung Thon Buri, the MRT Purple Line at Prachathip Station and the MRT Red Line at Khlong San Station.

The Gold Line will use three Bombardier Innovia APM 300 trains of two carriages each, with capacity of up to 12,000 passengers per hour in each direction. The fare has been set at Bt15.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399052

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-04

11 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

No it hasn't.

How can the Nation so consistently get things so utterly wrong?

Yes, I am waiting for this will happen, but many complain, when they want to take out Saphan Taksin.. as it's not possible to double track and have a station there (not enough space).  So therefore this never will happen. 

• Like 1

The free bus from Saphan Taksin BTS has been replaced by the Gold line train which charges 15 Baht and only goes to Icon Siam and does not go to any other Purple or Red line until   further project has been completed in a few years time  This, currently on serves IconSiam

Edited by Toany

2 hours ago, HampiK said:

Yes, I am waiting for this will happen, but many complain, when they want to take out Saphan Taksin.. as it's not possible to double track and have a station there (not enough space).  So therefore this never will happen. 

It's been talked about for many years.  The station is just too popular and useful to demolish.

The last I heard they were going to widen the roadway on either side to then allow them to take more space in the middle and enlarge the station to be double platform.  But that would be years away if it ever happens.

There have been so many plans put forward over the years to solve that issue but they always get shelved.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Driverless trains will operate on the route, which will link up with three other electric train systems – the Silom Line (Green Line) at BTS Krung Thon Buri, the MRT Purple Line at Prachathip Station and the MRT Red Line at Khlong San Station.

Emphasis on "will" in the future tense, since Prachathip Station doesn't yet exist, and neither do the Purple and Red Line sections that will "link up" with this line.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Gold Line links up with the Skytrain Green Line after BTS Saphan Taksin station and is designed to make travel between central Bangkok and Thonburi quicker and more convenient.

- "after BTS Saphan Taksin station" - or as normal humans would say, "at BTS Krung Thonburi station".

And no, it was not "designed to make travel between central Bangkok and Thonburi quicker and more convenient", it was designed to bring shoppers to Icon Siam. If it helps people get to and from other locations, that's an added benefit, but not the purpose of the line.

5 hours ago, HampiK said:

Double decker?  Same footprint, more height.

Saphan Taksin station will be closing "soon", it was supposed to be this month but I think it's been delayed.

When it re-opens in two years time it will be two platforms just like the other stations.

The road is being adjusted to make space as part of the expansion of the river crossing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Saphan Taksin station will be closing "soon", it was supposed to be this month but I think it's been delayed.

When it re-opens in two years time it will be two platforms just like the other stations.

The road is being adjusted to make space as part of the expansion of the river crossing.

I hope you right.... AND I hope they do it correct with the change of the lanes over Saphan Taksin, as this is already a lot of traffic.. when they startup some work there only to do it worse.. let's see. 

Edited by HampiK