Former U.S. Presidents Obama, Bush, Clinton willing to take coronavirus vaccine on camera

webfact

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

Jimmy Carter is an old former president.  Why isn't he doing this?

I wondered about that too. I assumed he may be too frail now to travel not to mention the cancer that was expected to finish him off long ago. He might be in a category where getting Covid-19 is not high on the list of his concerns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

You are making the assumption that top level politicians are dangerous and dishonest 24/7. Which is probably true of Trump, not so the others.

If I recall correctly, Bush, Obama and Clinton all released their tax returns, so your logic is looking somewhat tatty.

Oh, so now Bush is a man of honor in the eyes of the Liberals. How easily your reality shifts for convenience.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Oh, so now Bush is a man of honor in the eyes of the Liberals. How easily your reality shifts for convenience.

He had political motives for lying in the past. Information was hidden from the public and or falsified and distorted. Why would he lie now? What does he know that scientists don't? Or is he part of a conspiracy of said scientists? Or are you claiming that he is a compulsive liar and lies for no rational motive? 

Edited by placeholder

Donald Trump has urged the American public not to give president-elect Joe Biden credit for the development of Covid-19 vaccines, saying “the vaccines were me” in his first press conference since the election.

I doubt President-elect Biden would try to take credit for developing vaccines?

Given that there is no current plan to deliver the vaccine, from manufacturers to people's upper arms - the current administration has made no effort here - and if the Biden adminstraion comes up with and implements a plan successfully, then they should get credit for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

He had political motives for lying in the past. Information was hidden from the public and or falsified and distorted. Why would he lie now? What does he know that scientists don't? Or is he part of a conspiracy of said scientists? Or are you claiming that he is a compulsive liar and lies for no rational motive? 

Why would he lie now? That post made my day. ROFL

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Trump saved thousands of lives by his actions such as cutting off travel from China and Operation Warp Speed to name just two.  You should just say "thank you."

As has often been posted, with bona fide backup links to this supposedly "cutting off travel from China", he didn't shut off all travel from China, and he didn't stop the Chinese travelling from China through Europe to the US, in fact he didn't do much at all until it was far too late, stating that it was only one or two cases and that it would be gone by April.

And of course, now you have over 1/4 of a million deaths from the so-called trump actions, which should be more likely labelled "non-actions", yet the cult followers still follow and still believe!!

It's out there for all to see, it's been documented many, many times, it is in reputable publications and it is the truth....... but can you get a trump supporter to understand the truth? 

Not a chance, especially if it contradicts what they want to believe.

Open the link, read and weep......

How to kill 250,000 Americans
With just 25 dead in New Zealand, this must seem an astounding figure. And it is. Japan has less than 2000 Covid dead. Our neighbour Canada just over 11,000. The UK, worst in Europe, is about 52,000. Although the UK and a few other countries are even worse when you count deaths per capita, when it comes to absolute casualties, we're America First by a mile.
With our world class medical science, medical schools and a US Centres for Disease Control (CDC) that literally pioneered the field, it took special incompetence and neglect to let so many die here.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-dick-brass-how-to-kill-250000-americans/2PTJ2IDJXCXPH2UZASDPESZLZ4/# 

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 9:59 AM, JonnyF said:

A strawman argument, and not a very good one either ????.

I am not a COVID denier and I am not anti vaccine. I simply do not trust any of these 3 individuals. I'm afraid you're going to have to criticize something else that I have never said ????.

But you trust Trump do you?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I wondered about that too. I assumed he may be too frail now to travel not to mention the cancer that was expected to finish him off long ago. He might be in a category where getting Covid-19 is not high on the list of his concerns.

96 years old, a number of health issues. He's probably ready to go. COVID-19 would not worry him, might be welcome.

David Goodall was 104 years old when he passed away by assisted suicide. He said his quality of life had declined to a point it was not worth living. Not that Carter would take the same way out, he's got religion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

96 years old, a number of health issues. He's probably ready to go. COVID-19 would not worry him, might be welcome.

David Goodall was 104 years old when he passed away by assisted suicide. He said his quality of life had declined to a point it was not worth living. Not that Carter would take the same way out, he's got religion.

It's hard to know. Often very old people disappear from public view for years, even decades. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get take the vaccine but just isn't up to doing public events any longer. Jimmy Carter's presidency wasn't as bad as most people seem to think, but he has become quite beloved in his post presidency. 

Edited by Jingthing

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/528681-carter-center-issues-statement-encouraging-people-to-take-covid-19-vaccine

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter encourage people to take COVID-19 vaccine

"The Carter Center issued a statement Thursday saying former President Carter and former first lady Rosalynn Carter are encouraging Americans to take the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available.

“Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, said today that they are in full support of COVID-19 vaccine efforts and encourage everyone who is eligible to get immunized as soon as it becomes available in their communities,” the statement reads

The center’s message also mentions that Rosalynn Carter was a “staunch advocate for vaccines” while she was first lady of Georgia and co-founded Vaccinate Your Family in 1991 to improve access to vaccines."

https://www.ajc.com/news/jimmy-carter-joins-other-ex-presidents-encouraging-covid-vaccine-use/DOQVPBAQ75ESTK42LN5NDFNCEQ/

Jimmy Carter joins other ex-presidents encouraging COVID vaccine use

"A day after America witnessed its worst day in coronavirus-related deaths, Jimmy Carter joined three other living former presidents Thursday in encouraging Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccination shot as soon as it becomes available.

In a statement, Carter said that he and his wife, Rosalynn, “are in full support of COVID-19 vaccine efforts and encourage everyone who is eligible to get immunized as soon as it becomes available in their communities.”

Carter’s office didn’t confirm whether he planned to get the vaccine. Carter is 96 years old."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/528681-carter-center-issues-statement-encouraging-people-to-take-covid-19-vaccine

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter encourage people to take COVID-19 vaccine

"The Carter Center issued a statement Thursday saying former President Carter and former first lady Rosalynn Carter are encouraging Americans to take the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available.

“Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, said today that they are in full support of COVID-19 vaccine efforts and encourage everyone who is eligible to get immunized as soon as it becomes available in their communities,” the statement reads

The center’s message also mentions that Rosalynn Carter was a “staunch advocate for vaccines” while she was first lady of Georgia and co-founded Vaccinate Your Family in 1991 to improve access to vaccines."

https://www.ajc.com/news/jimmy-carter-joins-other-ex-presidents-encouraging-covid-vaccine-use/DOQVPBAQ75ESTK42LN5NDFNCEQ/

Jimmy Carter joins other ex-presidents encouraging COVID vaccine use

"A day after America witnessed its worst day in coronavirus-related deaths, Jimmy Carter joined three other living former presidents Thursday in encouraging Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccination shot as soon as it becomes available.

In a statement, Carter said that he and his wife, Rosalynn, “are in full support of COVID-19 vaccine efforts and encourage everyone who is eligible to get immunized as soon as it becomes available in their communities.”

Carter’s office didn’t confirm whether he planned to get the vaccine. Carter is 96 years old."

I believe that he has cancer. Which means he might not be able to take the jab.

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's hard to know. Often very old people disappear from public view for years, even decades. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get take the vaccine but just isn't up to doing public events any longer. Jimmy Carter's presidency wasn't as bad as most people seem to think, but he has become quite beloved in his post presidency. 

"he has become quite beloved in his post presidency. "

He was a decent president, but I think he has become quite beloved because he is a decent human being, as he has shown during his presidency as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yme said:

I'd want a vial picked at random from a large stock of vaccines and guaranteed chain of custody. Not just a photo op of them getting a jab of something from a vial marked COVID vax. 

I wouldn't mind either way. With them seeing many people on a very regular basis I think they'd take the vaccine without hesitation. Pretending simply makes no sense for them.

I can guarantee this: whether or not I get any COVID vaccine will have nothing to do with whether or not any politician claims to have gotten any vaccine, whether on television or not. If anything, doing so on television is a reason to be suspicious. But I'm sure many people may decide differently. To each his own.

The individual decision should be. What is more dangerous to take it or not to take it.   

I  would take the vaccine the first day it is available to me and my wife. 

Are there dangers associated by the speed it was developed and from side affects? sure there are!!

but I am 63 years old with heart arrhythmia and Bradycardia (low heart rate)  The danger to me  from Covid 19 far outweighs any dangers the vaccine might present. 

Then we have the problems Covid 19 presents   to travel , commerce, socialization, and the dangers , if not to you but to your loved ones, To your grandmother, of father,  

are your concerns for your personal safety so much greater that your love for you family friends and country. Will you when you are asked to fight for your country say, :no way, I might get hurt" ? 

How self absorbed and selfish many of you are,

I know people who live in regions where dengue and other mosquito-borne diseases are common. And yet they're afraid to use DEET based repellants because of some fear of chemicals. The question should always be which course poses more danger. Whether it's about DEET or vaccines, that's the pertinent question.