Trump spy chief labels China biggest threat to freedom since World War Two

webfact

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

I agree.....no one put the US in charge.....and you could easily argue it is not their job.......but now look at the consequences of their withdrawal........with power comes responsibility.........like it or not as the most powerful, "democratic" nation on earth they are the world's policeman.......maybe 'we' should all chip in and help?

IMO Trump had had enough of the rest of the west not paying their fair share, and withdrew to punish them for sponging off the US. They still don't want to pay, or build up proper defence forces. Britain once ruled a great deal of the world, but now they can't even put British warplanes on the new aircraft carriers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Trump had had enough of the rest of the west not paying their fair share, and withdrew to punish them for sponging off the US. They still don't want to pay, or build up proper defence forces. Britain once ruled a great deal of the world, but now they can't even put British warplanes on the new aircraft carriers.

Nice idea....apart from the fact the biggest loser from throwing his teddy out will, ultimately, be the US.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Goodness me, I must have missed all those wars Trump started.

Just wait and look what will happen in the next weeks while he still is POTUS and he still has the nuclear codes.

Maybe he gets the idea to nuke Iran. Who knows?

One big problem with Trump is that he often doesn't make rational decisions. And certainly he doesn't think if his decisions are good for the USA. It's more about if he somehow has the gut feeling that it's good for him. And that is why he is so dangerous. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Then the US cannot complain when china fills the void. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it is clear that China cares nothing for human rights and is out to dominate the world.

If they openly break the agreement over Hong Kong, and build islands in disputed waters, IMO they are not to be trusted.

Your right China is a danger but the US does the same stuff invading other countries. Starting wars based on fake evidence.

I still prefer the US over China but people should not be naive and think the US is not doing similar bad stuff.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Right..... So let's just ignore China's genocide.

How utterly repugnant. 

Exactly what has the trump administration achieved with PRC's oppression of Uighurs? Remember trump only got involved with relatively minor actions, nothing that made a difference, after Xi rebuked his attempts at trade negotiation. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your right China is a danger but the US does the same stuff invading other countries. Starting wars based on fake evidence.

I still prefer the US over China but people should not be naive and think the US is not doing similar bad stuff.

I'm well aware of all the bad stuff that the US does, as with Nicaragua and Chile etc etc etc. However, if it's a choice I'll go with the less worst, which IMO is the US.

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

The US isn't committing genocide. They have, and still continue to do terrible things - but we for the most part can voice against it. Speak out. Try doing that with the CCP within China. The CCP are even trying to stifle freedom of expression outside of China by threatening and spying on its people abroad. 

Genocide is non-negotiable. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Exactly what has the trump administration achieved with PRC's oppression of Uighurs? Remember trump only got involved with relatively minor actions, nothing that made a difference, after Xi rebuked his attempts at trade negotiation. 

As I had to explain to a dog lover once when I told him I prefer cats - "I don't hate dogs". 

ratcliffe and grenell politicized intelligence. Terribly wrong, but so typical of the 45 cult.

grenell even told ODNI employees to 'show their solidarity with 45' by refusing to wear masks at work. ratcliffe followed that procedure.

Both men are despised by the workforce of ODNI, as well as the entire intel community. Both started their time at ODNI by trying to uncover the sources and methods behind the Russia investigation. Fortunately, career intel people know better than to share such sensitive intel with people who cannot be trusted.

In intel, source protection is the Number One priority, even if it means a case officers career or life. The people who cooperate with US intel are taking huge risks for themselves and their families. putin has been known to feed suspected moles into a furnace, alive, with the persons family and children watching.

Already the intel community is doing a damage assessment, trying to determine what is known by the likes of jared and other of 45's people, because it is assumed that such intel will be for sale.

(Here's a freebie, unclassified:  jared is unaware that WhatsApp encryption can be broken easily by, inter alia, the CIA, NSA and FBI. It is hardly secure.)

Moderators may remove this as un-sourced.  Fine. I GUARANTEE it is 100% accurate. Remember this post. Months from now it will all be in open session of Congress, in WaPo and the NYTs...maybe even on Fox.

Edited by Walker88

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

The US isn't committing genocide. They have, and still continue to do terrible things - but we for the most part can voice against it. Speak out. Try doing that with the CCP within China. The CCP are even trying to stifle freedom of expression outside of China by threatening and spying on its people abroad. 

Pretty rich from you to defend US human rights accusations on speaking out. Fired, threatened and living in exile are evident in US.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/04/politics/officials-who-criticized-donald-trump/index.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Pretty rich from you to defend US human rights accusations on speaking out. Fired, threatened and living in exile are evident in US.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/04/politics/officials-who-criticized-donald-trump/index.html

I'm not defending it. I literally just said they have and continue to do horrible things (and we're free to talk about it without fear of being arrested), but they are not committing genocide. China are.

Now, would you like to acknowledge the CCP are committing genocide, Eric?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

But the US did commit genocide on the native americans by killing of the buffalo. So its not above the US. 

You are right can protest against it but what happened to the ones that started the war based on fake evidence ?

So yes USA is the preferable choice. But far from perfect. The fact that you can protests is great and other stuff is great too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

But the US did commit genocide on the native americans by killing of the buffalo. So its not above the US. 

You are right can protest against it but what happened to the ones that started the war based on fake evidence ?

So yes USA is the preferable choice. But far from perfect. The fact that you can protests is great and other stuff is great too.

We've had countless genocides throughout history. No one can change history. They're terrible things, right? So how about we learn from history and not repeat them. How about we all agree that genocide is a terrible thing that should always be unequivocally condemned. No ifs or but, but, but...... Genocide is NON-NEGOTIABLE. 

I'm not defending anything the US has, or is doing. I'm simply stating that China is currently committing genocide. America doing bad things doesn't negate this fact. Two things can be wrong at the same time.

None of this kind of behaviour is curved or improved without freedom of expression. 

• Like 1

Among other issues, Washington and Beijing have clashed over China's handling of the coronavirus outbreak, its tightening grip on Hong Kong, its disputed claims in the South China Sea, trade and accusations of human rights crimes in Xinjiang.

China said on Thursday that politicians in the United States are fabricating news of detained Uighur Muslims being forced into labor in the Xinjiang region.

32 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Because you still can’t fully comprehend the meaning of genocide and cultural genocide. Perhaps it is intentional to mislead the readers. 

I think we can all understand those terms and their implications.

Uyghur genocide - Wikipedia

China seems to be implementing both. 

The Cultural Revolution within China itself was another example of cultural genocide.

7 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

I think we can all understand those terms and their implications.

Uyghur genocide - Wikipedia

China seems to be implementing both. 

The Cultural Revolution within China itself was another example of cultural genocide.

Yes, and not only are they murdering Uyghurs Muslims, they're also selling their organs. I imagine people who have a fondness for the CCP would think they're just being industrious for their country. 

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, and not only are they murdering Uyghurs Muslims, they're also selling their organs. I imagine people who have a fondness for the CCP would think they're just being industrious for their country. 

Sorry, forgot to mention that one, but you may wish to include similar forced organ harvesting from Falun Gong proactitioners

• Like 1

Would some of the 54 UN members be ones that are indebted to China through the toxic debt from the Belt and Road Initiative or held in check by 'wolf warrior diplomacy' or some other threat?

Glad you think it is appropriate as it clearly states that forced sterilisation is one  the factors that enable the actions of China to be classified as genocide.

The headline is dealing with China posing the greatest threat to freedom since WWII but you broaden it to attack Thailand and things that are happening 'in the deep south'.

China's assault on freedom also includes a National Security Law in HK which criminalises any action by any person advocating independence for HK, and a few other offences, even if they are outside China and HK.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed