Trump spy chief labels China biggest threat to freedom since World War Two

webfact

I distinctly remember reading an article many years ago. at least 20, that quoted a Chinese communist party official as saying that China would take over the world, not by force but financially and with technology.  But as we have seen nobody has put up any resistance and now they have a foothold in every continent and many countries are in huge debt to China. Glad I will not be here to see the eventual outcome of their world dominance.

• Like 1

China is most definitely the one country in the whole world that will continue to make the whole Asian region unstable by their constant childish incursions into other nations territories.  The CCP are a threat not just to SE Asia but to the whole world as they attempt to steal, coerce and bully anything they want.

The world should have had a coordinated response to their aggression in South China Sea and needs to be ready to support Taiwan should it come to it

Now that hyper-sonic missiles make all conventional warfare redundant stand by for saber rattling like we have never seen before, always omitting the fact that Russia backs China and vice versa.
The biggest threat to world peace is the media.

• Like 1

I beg to differ. The US has been behind almost all the wars since 1945. They are a terrorist nation.....their bombing campaign with Saudi of the poor innocent folk in Yemen has killed 232,000, injured countless others, made countless orphaned and displaced millions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I'm not defending it. I literally just said they have and continue to do horrible things (and we're free to talk about it without fear of being arrested), but they are not committing genocide. China are.

Now, would you like to acknowledge the CCP are committing genocide, Eric?  

The US did their genocide already.....first thing they did when they got to the New World. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I beg to differ. The US has been behind almost all the wars since 1945. They are a terrorist nation.....their bombing campaign with Saudi of the poor innocent folk in Yemen has killed 232,000, injured countless others, made countless orphaned and displaced millions. 

Do you have a credible source for your claim of the U.S. having directly bombed civilians in Yemen....

Wikipedia says the following, which seems to contradict your post:

Fighter jets and ground forces from Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Sudan, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and Academi (formerly called Blackwater) took part in the operation. Djibouti, Eritrea, and Somalia made their airspace, territorial waters, and military bases available to the coalition.[71]

The United States provided intelligence and logistical support, including aerial refueling and search-and-rescue for downed coalition pilots.[12][72] It also accelerated the sale of weapons to coalition states[73] and continued strikes against AQAP. The US and Britain have deployed their military personnel in the command and control centre responsible for Saudi-led air strikes on Yemen, having access to lists of targets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian-led_intervention_in_Yemen

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

If they did, it is hypocritical for you to call others. The topic is on China being a threat but you disrupt and make it your personal rant. 

I know, Eric. Two things can’t be wrong at the same time. 

Oh, it’s actually about the US, too. Or is it? 

Edited by rkidlad

7 hours ago, gunderhill said:

You've got  one choice China to Dominate the world or The  U.S, who are you really going to choose.

It used to be an easy answer in the pre-trump days, but now I am not so sure... They are both bad, so I choose Europe ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

It echoes, not their South Sea strategy but Israel's use oil settlements to steal land. No one can criticise Israel can they? That would be anti-Semitic, but it's not anti-Chinese to criticise China....but when they criticise Aus....all hell breaks loose......gold stars for hypocrisy all round.

Nice try at deflection. This isn't about Israel. What China did stinks. And it's not the only place they've done it, is it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It is thanks to the total ineptitude of Trump and his administration that large parts of the world.....Africa in particular .....have been delivered on a plate to the Chinese.....MAGA...what a joke!

If you think China started their expansionist policies and only engaged in vast and undisputed human rights abuses etc etc ONLY during the past 4 years of Trump then you have not been paying attention or you just want to take another swipe at Trump.  China played Obama like a fiddle and most Presidents before him were not interested.  But it was during Obamas 8 years that the South China Sea islands were built and became militarized and China started their Loan and construction policies with third world countries.   I am not making a political comment.  It is just reality.  I would say that one thing that Trump did in a positive way was to shine the light of international malfeasance more directly on China.  Like him or not (and I don't like him), his China policy was at least an attempt to expose them for what they are.  Unfortunately, it appears human rights abuses, economic espionage, corporate blackmail and all of the other wonderful things China engages in does not seem to disturb the rest of the world except Australia.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Marknreston said:

If you think China started their expansionist policies and only engaged in vast and undisputed human rights abuses etc etc ONLY during the past 4 years of Trump then you have not been paying attention or you just want to take another swipe at Trump.  China played Obama like a fiddle and most Presidents before him were not interested.  But it was during Obamas 8 years that the South China Sea islands were built and became militarized and China started their Loan and construction policies with third world countries.   I am not making a political comment.  It is just reality.  I would say that one thing that Trump did in a positive way was to shine the light of international malfeasance more directly on China.  Like him or not (and I don't like him), his China policy was at least an attempt to expose them for what they are.  Unfortunately, it appears human rights abuses, economic espionage, corporate blackmail and all of the other wonderful things China engages in does not seem to disturb the rest of the world except Australia.   

Hang on a minute. Are you saying it’s possible to not like Trump and Xi?

Remember the good old days when people weren’t so politically tribal and would collectively condemn genocide? Yea, I miss those days, too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

another fake news!

i've read philip agee's book "inside the compagny". anyway after world war two, on the brink of civil war, china was plunged in chaos.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

Beijing Takes Its South China Sea Strategy to the Himalayas

China built a village in territory also claimed by the kingdom of Bhutan, echoing its aggressive tactics at the border with India and in places much farther away.

Just in time for its National Day in October, China completed construction of a new village high in the mountains where the Chinese region of Tibet meets the kingdom of Bhutan. A hundred people moved into two dozen new homes beside the Torsa River and celebrated the holiday by raising China’s flag and singing the national anthem...

The problem is, these new “coordinates” are more than a mile inside what Bhutan considers its territory.

Beijing Takes Its South China Sea Strategy to the Himalayas - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Well if Israel can do it why not China.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:
12 hours ago, webfact said:

another fake news!

i've read philip agee's book "inside the compagny". anyway after world war two, on the brink of civil war, china was plunged in chaos.

... threat since 1948 would  have been more accurate then... 

1.4 BILLION Chinese, who also wants to have 3 meals a day ( and not only rice + rice), have nice cloths ( and not a Mao-suit), live in a decent house, go sightseeing in their own neighborhood as abroad, wants to drive an own car, have good education for their children, and a safe future. The "Western powers" did not behave so correctly against China the last 400 years.  I can imagine, they go on "safe". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Hang on a minute. Are you saying it’s possible to not like Trump and Xi?

Remember the good old days when people weren’t so politically tribal and would collectively condemn genocide? Yea, I miss those days, too. 

When a country depends on China for most of its manufactured goods and needs them to buy lots of stuff from that country, it makes it hard for some people to risk antagonising China.

The policy of outsourcing most manufacturing to China so shareholders could make bigger profits has now become the disaster it was always going to be, IMO. Entirely self inflicted, IMO.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When a country depends on China for most of its manufactured goods and needs them to buy lots of stuff from that country, it makes it hard for some people to risk antagonising China.

The policy of outsourcing most manufacturing to China so shareholders could make bigger profits has now become the disaster it was always going to be, IMO. Entirely self inflicted, IMO.

There are many MNCs who switched to outsourcing to remain competitive, otherwise they would have lost market share to competitors, thus loss of share holder value and lay offs e.g. IBM. Many countries would be able to insource after considerable effort and cost, but then the cost of living would rise. There is no simplistic solution, it's a very complex world. Australia suffers under the current relationship issues with PRC as multiple governments failed to support investment in R&D and manufacturing, its why our economy is commodities based with little added value, though there are a few outstanding exception in the medical space.

How it can be achieved i do not know, but it occurs to me Western governments, especially the USA needs to formulate strategy on how to implement go-competition with PRC, not solely confrontation which to date has met with failure.

21 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It is thanks to the total ineptitude of Trump and his administration that large parts of the world.....Africa in particular .....have been delivered on a plate to the Chinese.....MAGA...what a joke!

Didn't you mean Trump is a MEGA joke?

• Haha 1