Can I use a residence certificate from Chiang Mai to make a driving license in another province? Please reply quickly if possible.

GoGet

Hi,

I'm GoGet, a very nice and polite guy.

Can I use a residence certificate from Chiang Mai to make a driving license in another province?

Please reply quickly if possible. It is an emergency.

GoGet

Edited by GoGet

Your residence cert will determine the number plate province of your motorcycle.

I guess it's alright if it is in the same province but not in a different province.

Edited by EricTh

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Your residence cert will determine the number plate province of your motorcycle.

I guess it's alright if it is in the same province but not in a different province.

I have a residence certificate in Chiang Mai. But I was thinking about both buying the motorbike in Lom Sak and making the driving license there.

Are you saying this is not a good idea or perhaps not even possible?

7 minutes ago, GoGet said:

I have a residence certificate in Chiang Mai. But I was thinking about both buying the motorbike in Lom Sak and making the driving license there.

Are you saying this is not a good idea or perhaps not even possible?

I don't think it's possible because your driving license and motorbike have the province of your residency printed on it. If not, why do they need your residency cert in the first place?

I am guessing you are going there because the  driving tests are easier there than in Chiang Mai?

However, other posters here said it's possible but you should ask first.

Edited by EricTh