Any extra charge for newborns/infants ASQ hotels?

madhav

Will return back to Thailand in Feb with my wife and newborn (3 months old) and have been searching online for prices of ASQ hotels.

I thought I must be mistaken but it appears there is an additional charge for infants?

I am confused as obviously we will be sharing the same room, same bed, they require no food (breastfed), no extra facilities at all. I am trying to figure out if this is a mistake?  

Normally you pay extra if you need an extra bed, otherwise you fill in 2 guests (adults) and show up with a baby as an extra.

We have 2 kids an never paid extra for them in any hotel in thailand unless we require an extra bed (cribs at no additional cost). When booking a hotel we always enter we got 1 kid otherwise they wont show any of the normal rooms and force you towards 2 rooms or a family room.

If you require a cod or really want confirmation just let your wife give them a call. Pretty sure they wont risk losing a guest at this time of the year over something this small.

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Normally you pay extra if you need an extra bed, otherwise you fill in 2 guests (adults) and show up with a baby as an extra.

We have 2 kids an never paid extra for them in any hotel in thailand unless we require an extra bed (cribs at no additional cost). When booking a hotel we always enter we got 1 kid otherwise they wont show any of the normal rooms and force you towards 2 rooms or a family room.

If you require a cod or really want confirmation just let your wife give them a call. Pretty sure they wont risk losing a guest at this time of the year over something this small.

Yeah that ha been my experience also, and furthermore we don’t even need a cot as we co-sleep. So literally no facilities needed at all. However from what I initially saw with regards to alternate state quarantine hotels they charge per person, and they actually somehow believe an infant to be worthy of a charge? 

3 hours ago, madhav said:

Yeah that ha been my experience also, and furthermore we don’t even need a cot as we co-sleep. So literally no facilities needed at all. However from what I initially saw with regards to alternate state quarantine hotels they charge per person, and they actually somehow believe an infant to be worthy of a charge? 

Dumb me, i didnt realize ASQ was standing for alternative state quarantee (plus i was on my phone so couldnt see the exact location you opened this topic). I thought it was a hotel group like Pullman, Hilton, or Movenpick. 

Have to agree with Treetops, they will have to do tests on the baby i suppose so extra costs will be made.

But more importantly: i doubt you can show up with 3 people at customs and 2 bookings in an ASQ. Just as you cant fly here and tell at the airport you will pick an ASQ at the spot. This stuff needs to be pre-booked before you step on the plane or you will run into trouble. Best directly contact the hotel you have in mind and make sure the name of the baby is showing on the booking papers. They might or might not charge you for it, but don't just try it with 2 bookings and see how it goes.

11 hours ago, treetops said:

Covid testing costs and the medical support, whether used or not, still costs the same regardless of age.

Ok that makes some sense. However in the case of Anantara the fee for the infant is not an additional flat rate. It appears to be dependent on the room category. I saw it rise to an extra 70k baht (within the suite category) if you add an infant. 

That sounds nonsensical.

Edited by madhav