Anyone bought World Nomads or similar policy to get COE?

Do they issue certificate ($100,00 incl. Covid in Thailand) you've used to successfully get COE? On Covid coverage, I only see this (bit murky) statement on their site. The link goes to page under construction, and very difficult to contact them directly. I've also looked at SafetyWing but had trouble buying that due to my having a technical problem with their site. Any other possibilities for similar insurance? I'm looking for travel insurance for 7 months or so that covers general medical including but not just Covid, unlike the expensive and limiting policies on TGIA site. Thank you for your advice.

"Please read your plan documents carefully. Cancellations due to fear of travel are not covered. However, our plan does not exclude losses associated with pandemic or epidemic conditions; meaning that if you, your traveling companion or family member were to become sick (after you purchase the plan) as a result of COVID-19, you could still receive benefits for losses covered by the plan. Learn more here www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/coronavirus."

had some difficulties making a claim when my heart went pop while under their protective umbrella.

denied payment for emergency surgery, over the course of a few years, going through a roster of canned reasons, cycling through several times when they reached the bottom of the list.

did you know valve surgery was considered an experimental procedure?

did you know heart surgery was considered to be cosmetic surgery?

i learned those "facts" and many more from their helpful representatives!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

safetywing seems to be the preferred travel policy for getting COE

People have done it successfully, so presumably they issue a letter or certificate acceptable to many Thai Embassies

Have you tried email to  [email protected]   regarding the difficulty you are havbing with the site?

Note that I have nto seen any reports of experiences with claims for this policy. Only reports of people getting COE. However what is online sounds reassurring. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/safetywing.com

With both you often  have to pay first and then get reimbursed, keep that in mind

In September before my vacation in Mexico I bought a travel insurance from AXA called MeMondo which is valid for 1 year (120 days per trip) covers 10.000.000 € for medical expenses including covid and when they sent me the policy there was an extra Certificate attached to attest this. It was also pretty convenient and I bought it thinking that in March I will go back to my condo in Thailand.

I wonder if this would be accepted in Thailand?

Screenshot_20201204-184327.png

11 hours ago, rct99q said:

Cigna. They provided me with everything needed on monthly payments that could be cancelled anytime with o we weeks notice.

Worked great.

You used the Cigna policy certificate to get COE? If so, what is name (link) of policy pls?

6 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

In September before my vacation in Mexico I bought a travel insurance from AXA called MeMondo which is valid for 1 year (120 days per trip) covers 10.000.000 € for medical expenses including covid and when they sent me the policy there was an extra Certificate attached to attest this. It was also pretty convenient and I bought it thinking that in March I will go back to my condo in Thailand.

I'm no expert on this issue but have been researching myself as I have a trip planned in January. I believe the policy certificate must actually list the dollar value stipulated by Thailand ($100,000)  for the Covid coverage to be accepted for your COE. 

10 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

It needs to state the dollar value of your coverage i.e. insured for up to $XXX

In order to show you meet the at least $100,000 requirement