Nok Airlines expects brighter outlook next year

webfact

Nok Airlines expects brighter outlook next year

By The Nation

800_e3e5b173e7bca79.jpeg?v=1606995340

Nok Airlines expects to enter positive performance next year, as the government will likely ease the 14-day mandatory quarantine measure to curb Covid-19 infections, the airline’s chief executive officer Wutthiphum Jurangkool said.

The easing of quarantine will result in more travel, which will boost the airline’s load factor to between 85 and 90 per cent from its current 60 per cent.

He said he expects the Central Bankruptcy Court to publish an announcement in the Royal Gazette mid this month allowing the airline’s local and foreign creditors to register for debt repayment.

The CEO said he is confident the airline will succeed in its business rehabilitation and exit the rehab programme in the next three to five years.

The airline is working on cutting costs and boosting revenue to keep afloat. It is studying the possibility of flying from Don Mueang to Roi Et and Nakhon Phanom.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30399050

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-04

I rather hope Nok make it, I rather like their service.

But like all the LCC's in Thailand it's a business model built on sand.

I'm sorry, but you don't fly an A320 or B737 to KKC from DMK for ฿1000 ~$35 even at a 100% load factor and make money!

Yeah the pilots cost less, the flight attendants earn little more than working on the local rice farm, but the economics of aviation are universal.

The majority of the costs are either the depreciation of a purchased aircraft, or the lease cost, jet fuel, landing fees, plus all the other handling fees from bookings to ground handling.

Until they all collectively figure that out, one by one they will head into bankruptcy 

• Like 1

A rather stupid headline.  They expect to have a better year, the CEO is confident that they will. Nobody knows !  Thais are always saying that they expect something will get better or they expect that .....  Worthless dribble without any facts.  That also seems to be the way the Government talk too ! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I rather hope Nok make it, I rather like their service.

But like all the LCC's in Thailand it's a business model built on sand.

I'm sorry, but you don't fly an A320 or B737 to KKC from DMK for ฿1000 ~$35 even at a 100% load factor and make money!

Yeah the pilots cost less, the flight attendants earn little more than working on the local rice farm, but the economics of aviation are universal.

The majority of the costs are either the depreciation of a purchased aircraft, or the lease cost, jet fuel, landing fees, plus all the other handling fees from bookings to ground handling.

Until they all collectively figure that out, one by one they will head into bankruptcy 

The funniest flight I ever took was on an ATR 42 from Saigon to Phnom Penh one night.  It was like flying sports car.   Turboprops are cheaper to operate.  For many trips, a turboprop would be suitable.  The other choice would be the SRT. ????

Cambodian Airlines ATR 42– Friday, 21.1.2011 | Atr 42, Airlines, Cambodian

• Like 2

You can "expect"  all and anything! you want.......Doesnt mean to say you are going to get it!

I can "expect" to win the lottery........................Something like a 14 million to one shot though!! The things that are spouted out day in and day out by these fools, has about as much chance of what they say will happen...than I have of winning the lottery!!

Even if I did win the lottery (here in U.K. I mean)...I still wouldnt be rushing back to Thailand until the quarrantine is dropped!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 2:36 AM, yellowboat said:

The funniest flight I ever took was on an ATR 42 from Saigon to Phnom Penh one night.  It was like flying sports car.   Turboprops are cheaper to operate.  For many trips, a turboprop would be suitable.  The other choice would be the SRT. ????

Cambodian Airlines ATR 42– Friday, 21.1.2011 | Atr 42, Airlines, Cambodian

Well you are right. It's a little aviation physics going on.

At lower altitudes a turboprop is much more efficient than a turbofan. 

With most Thai domestic routes they rarely exceed 27K feet, way below the optimal flight ceiling of 35K feet for a turbofan aircraft.

An ATR or a Q400 are essentially the aircraft best suited for a domestic market the size of Thailand.

Increased frequency maybe, but at least the flights might be profitable rather than flying unprofitable mainline aircraft

• Like 2