Chang beer

itsari

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Curious to know if other chang classic  drinkers like my self have noticed a strange  after taste in chang beer in the last month . 

I find cans taste slightly different to bottle when poured into glass. 

I find bottle Chang beer which is the only beer I like to drink may taste different at times but I put it down to what I have eaten. 

Usually I find its pretty consistent. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply , the chang beer i drink is from bottles . A friend has also mentioned that the chang beer the last month has not been the best . Once i bought a bottle in a bar that  was undrinkable . Mentioned this to the management  of the bar and just got a shrug of the shoulders ,  added with a comment I don't drink beer . The change in the beer quality has been for the last month . 

Try the new Leo Number 8. Since it is new on the market at least it can't be old. And it is not so bad. But if it is produced like the normal Leo there might be noticeable fluctuations in taste depending on the production date. They seem not to be able to produce the same taste all the time like western breweries. 

On 12/4/2020 at 9:04 AM, itsari said:

Curious to know if other chang classic  drinkers like my self have noticed a strange  after taste in chang beer in the last month . 

Usually after the first 12 or so, they go down pretty smooth and I don't notice any change in taste. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rwill said:

It really went downhill about the same time they switched to green bottles.

I never drink beer which comes in green bottles. This includes Heineken <deleted>, the worst so-called beer on earth, and Beck's from Germany. Green bottles and beer don't go well together.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2020 at 9:04 AM, itsari said:

Yes, bottles. I call it skunked. You can actually smell it. Not sure if it's old or has been exposed to light too long. The green bottle does not help (same for Heineken). Bars that sell a lot of it and buy closed cases of 24 don't seem to have that problem. 

On 12/4/2020 at 10:49 AM, Crossy said:

Bottles or cans?

I drink the small cans, can't say I've noticed any change in taste, elephant pee is elephant pee.

And Leo is Leopard pee , what that makes Mybeer .......anyway all is dross , look for Beerlao , white , pale or dark all better than Thai stuff. Oh and Makro do a Tsing a song beer Chinese, smell the hops on opening , not Thai canal water.

5 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

It has always been hit and miss. A few years ago I sometimes I would drink 5 large bottles and not feel a thing, the next time I would be off my 3KZ after 4 bottles. 

You are correct as that used to be the case. The brewery is close to where I usually live, Nakhon Sawan, and I met some Austrian guys a few years back who were working in the brewery to try and correct the productivity issues. They told me their checks showed the the vol varied from 3% to 14%

1 minute ago, Jaggg88 said:

You are correct as that used to be the case. The brewery is close to where I usually live, Nakhon Sawan, and I met some Austrian guys a few years back who were working in the brewery to try and correct the productivity issues. They told me their checks showed the the vol varied from 3% to 14%

We would go back the next day and buy them all when we found a lucky batch. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

Had a few like that myself in the past, sometimes you could drink it all night, othertimes it was like rocket fuel, I remember going past the brewery on the way to Kampheang Phet back in about 06 or 07, I wanted the driver to do a U turn so we could do a brewery tour, no luck on that front, I used to drink it all the time, then it went from 6.4% to gnats wee, that's when I stopped drinking it. Luckily my liver survived, just............ ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaggg88 said:

Thats why they had to make Chang Export , they made sure the alcohol content of that was 5 % for the export market 

• Like 1