Thai Visa Forum

Non-profit, shared ownership golf course - how much would you be ready to invest/pay?

Would you support a non-profit, shared ownership Golf course?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Going back on things said on here about playing the same course etc etc where i caddied in the Uk (Queenwood) they had monthly Stapleford comps off different Tees, Quarterly medal comps, member member and member guest comps,club Championship (Darren Clarke a winner one year)everything was very well supported by the members, they even had combo cards... back/middle tees and middle /front tees....never boring not even when caddying there 7 days a week.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did say I had no idea, would you mind putting the tar and feathers back in your locker?

There's the stumbling block for me. When you then look at what happened with Phoenix its pretty much a non starter for me. Compared to the costs that @scubascuba3 keeps quoting for UK courses the init

Yes I understand that but i certainly wouldn't pony up anything like £10k (400k baht) for a 51% Thai owned venture.   Also to continue with your examples personally I wouldn't want to pay th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

where i caddied in the Uk (Queenwood)

Interesting as I had never heard of this course but this was the first search result that came up -

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/queenwood

It's not a recent report but if no major change my guess is the fees are substantially more than being talked about in this thread.

1 hour ago, topt said:

Interesting as I had never heard of this course but this was the first search result that came up -

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/queenwood

It's not a recent report but if no major change my guess is the fees are substantially more than being talked about in this thread.

Membership fee only slightly higher...250,000usd (dollars/American  Owner) annual subs about 14000gpb. The owner also has ties with Eagle Springs and Nantucket. David Howell Paul McGinley Thomas Bjorn Darren Clarke Ernie Els Justin Rose and Adam Scott were all original members though it was not 250000usd for them....latterly Thorbjorn Oleson Thomas Pieters Tom Lewis Soren Kjeldsen all joined.

Had the pleasure of caddying for most before i left...the greens were modelled on Augusta ...3 putts were the norm (not for the pros i hasten to add).

You cant play there unless you are invited....celebrities sports stars a couple of Lords and a few Sir,s are members...a very nice place to work.

• Like 1