Heartless! Daughter keeps blind father, 89, tied up without food lying in his own feces 

webfact

Heartless! Daughter keeps blind father, 89, tied up without food lying in his own feces 

5pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Locals in an estate in Sa Kaeo in the east of Thailand came across a shocking scene and called in social services and the police.

Yuan, aged 89, unable to see out of either eye was chained to a bed without food or water. 

Dressed in the same clothes for a month he had just been abandoned among his own feces and urine. 

Ban Khok Kamnan community leader Berl, 59, called in the authorities when neighbors could take the situation no more. 

5pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Yuan was helped out and given a shower and changed. He was taken to temporary accommodation.

Locals told the media that Yuan's carer was his daughter Rabiap who had gone to work at Big C in the downtown Sa Kaeo area. She had a boyfriend or spouse elsewhere and didn't have much time for her father. 

Social services plan to speak to her and other relatives about their father.

Soure: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-04

• Sad 8

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Dressed in the same clothes for a month he had just been abandoned among his own feces and urine.

Sounds like a standard months holiday with friends in thailand for me ????

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 12

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Ban Khok Kamnan community leader Berl, 59, called in the authorities when neighbors could take the situation no more. 

Its almost as if its OK to do these terrible things to a fellow Human ..... as long as its only for a short while.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Yes she needs a good talking to,she needs to go to prison,

you would not treat a dog like that..

regards Worgeordie

Sounds like she treated him exactly like a dog, chained up, living in filth.

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Any chance of someone at ThaiVisa keeping on top of this story and keeping us informed of any outcomes............PLEASE

The neighbours had been feeding the guy and giving him water. They told the Gamnan of his plight.
They searched and found the key to unlock him.

The Gamnan called social services. 
Social services took him in, cleaned him up and are now looking after him and took him to hospital and gave him a medical check.
So good on the community. 

There might be a good reason that she couldn’t care less about him. He might have been a wife basher and beaten her mum up, might have slapped her around when she was young or worse. He might have been a yaba using alcoholic.

I suspect it is more than we know. 

Just because he is old doesn’t mean he was a good person or dad.. Who knows? Maybe karma has caught up with him?

i would like to hear her side before we start giving her a damn good slap. It is very unusual for a daughter not to care about her father, especially in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Terrible way to treat your father but from my experience not totally unexpected. I have got the impression (from some in my Thai family, so a small sample) that when you are over 70  you are not really needed, even a burden. Not what I expected from a culture that has the parents as the important people. Some Thais are no different to western children in the way they look at the elderly.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, zyphodb said:

God I hope that's irony, given what it's like here can you imagine the abuse a law like that would get...

Its done well in the Netherlands can be done well here. Euthanasia  is a human right. Also you can't as a kid ask for a Dr to perform it on your parents. Its a whole process that is carefully monitored. Talking about Dutch version not the cruel american version where they leave someone to die. While in the Dutch version they help you die. 

If done properly this would be a great law. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

So how long had the neighbors known of the *situation*. by the way it is reported, the neighbors knew of his plight. ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Its done well in the Netherlands can be done well here. Euthanasia  is a human right. Also you can't as a kid ask for a Dr to perform it on your parents. Its a whole process that is carefully monitored. Talking about Dutch version not the cruel american version where they leave someone to die. While in the Dutch version they help you die. 

If done properly this would be a great law. 

Huge differences between the Netherlands and here in most respects. I stand by what I said...

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

Huge differences between the Netherlands and here in most respects. I stand by what I said...

Yes there is a huge difference, and i get your point. But the main point was that decissions to end a life can only be made by the person who's life is going to end and only if he is of his right mind. Only if you find a Dr to falsify stuff could you get someone killed against his or her wishes.

To do such a thing is going to cost (bribe) then its going to give back. So I doubt it would be done. Especially by poor people. Maybe some Thai wives would try to get their farang husband out of the way. Is that your fear ?

But seriously to bribe a DR to commit murder, even for Thai standards that is hard if not impossible.