International medical center coming to Phuket - 161 rai/5 billion baht project

webfact

International medical center coming to Phuket - 161 rai/5 billion baht project 

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The Treasury department have announced they are providing a 161 rai plot of land in the Mai Khao sub-district of Thailand, Phuket to Vachira Hospital and the Ministry of Public Health for the building of a world class international medical center for foreigners and well heeled Thais.

This is part of the Thai government's plans to make Thailand a hub of international medical tourism and wellness. 

Treasury department chief Yuthana Yimkarun said that this was the last sizable plot of land owned by the treasury and is in a marvellous location in Phuket.

The project that will commence building next year will provide jobs and stimulate the economy. 

Zone one building is expected to take a year followed by zone two that will take two years. If the facility is well used zone three will follow subsequently.

The value of the land is one billion baht and three billion will be spent on its development. The entire project will be upwards of 5 billion baht. 

Foreigners and Thais with 100,000 baht salaries are the target market.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-04

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The value of the land is one billion baht and three billion will be spent on its development. The entire project will be upwards of 5 billion baht.

with these numbers who wouldn't want this project to go through. i would love to get a  crumble of what will ................... you get the idea. 

Edited by mr mr

Seems like a good location, just north of the airport. Lots of open land there and easy to reach from the airport as there are barely traffic jams that way. If they target patients flying in its the perfect spot in Phuket.

Hope it will work out and they can find their target audience. Building it is one things, getting patients there another.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, schlog said:

As a land&house owner in Maikhaw i should be happy with that project. It will make me more rich. But i'm not. I and not one of my friends and family in Maikhaw want that project. Keep the nature and relaxed life in Maikhaw!

If you want to preserve nature there i suggest you and your friends/family buy up all the land and leave it the way it is. While I understand you don't want anyone living near you disturbing your peace, you do realize its their land and if they want to build something there it is their right. 

P.s. i think phuket can use the extra employment quite well coming period, and if they are able to spread it around the island the negative side effects will be limited compared to hotel #200 at a southern beach. 

Edited by Bob12345
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

If you want to preserve nature there i suggest you and your friends/family buy up all the land and leave it the way it is. While I understand you don't want anyone living near you disturbing your peace, you do realize its their land and if they want to build something there it is their right. 

P.s. i think phuket can use the extra employment quite well coming period, and if they are able to spread it around the island the negative side effects will be limited compared to hotel #200 at a southern beach. 

Yes but will it provide extra employment in the near future ? I doubt it. Many better, nearby and cheaper places for healthcare in the world than Thailand.

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Many better, nearby and cheaper places for healthcare in the world than Thailand.

Like for example India? While I don't doubt they are cheaper, and probably more experienced, if you offered me free medical care, I wouldn't travel to that sewer.

4 hours ago, Susco said:

Like for example India? While I don't doubt they are cheaper, and probably more experienced, if you offered me free medical care, I wouldn't travel to that sewer.

I didn't mention India but what to think of Turkey, Romania, Singapore ? For Europians Turkey is near, cheap and very profesional and fixed prices so no surprises afterward like in LOL. Not really my regime but so isn't Thailand.

12 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Yes but will it provide extra employment in the near future ? I doubt it. Many better, nearby and cheaper places for healthcare in the world than Thailand.

Building it will create employment.

After it has been build it needs to be cleaned and they need doctors/nurses/staff for in case someone arrives there.

So yes, it will create employment. 

A better question is if it is the "best" way to create employment. That i cannot answer as I don't know any details or future plans. We will have to wait and see I guess.