Job done Thai style: Singburi students modernize traditional squat toilet

webfact

An ergonomic fail! There is a rural restaurant I frequent which has an adjacent separate toilet building.  On entering the space is about 5m x 3m of gloss tiled floor and walls containing nothing but a cheap seatless WC installed tight into one corner. To use it for Number 2 you would have to sit at 45 degrees unless you have the build of a matchstick!  

6 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Where's the water gun thing for rinsing your undercarriage after bombs away anyway .. 

Why couldn't bogroll cross the road .? 

Because he feared getting stuck in a crack .. 

Water gun?

I think it's probably that bucket with the handle on, you'll need to scoop some water out and pour it down the pan as well as yer ar.se.

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Haha 2

I used to teach at a community college in Florida.  School started at 8:00 am but if I arrived after 7:30 am the toilet seats were all wet because male students had pi$$ed all over them.  Apparently nobody had taught them to lift the seat and they were too shy to use a urinal.

I mentioned this to the cleaner one day and she told me that it was even worse in the women's bathrooms.  The female students were apparently convinced they would catch some horrible disease if they sat on the toilet seat so they squatted on the seat, which resulted in even more pi$$ on the seat than in the men's toilet. 

Perhaps squat toilets would have been the right solution for both types of bathrooms.

I'm sure the Thai solution in the article is the best they could think of as a quick fix, and since it sort of works it will undoubtedly be the final fix since it would be too much trouble to redo this properly.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Job done Thai style: Singburi students modernize traditional squat toilet

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that Thai social media was abuzz with comment after a Facebook poster called Akadet Naveera posted a picture of a refurbished loo for girls at Singburi School in central Thailand. 

A new western style toilet had been placed over the old squat variety. 

Akadet said they didn't have higher education like a fancy degree but was this right??

Daily News spoke to school director Pramote Charoensalung who said that some girls were having a problem with sitting "yong-yong" (squatting) so a decision was made to redo the loos in the mid year break. 

The problem was that smashing out the old one would have damaged the ceramics and so to avoid this extra drain on the school budget it was decided just to put the new loo over the old one. 

Job done....so to speak!

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-04

31 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Drip dry for 5 minutes.

Big jobby well done but i dont see the ladder to get on board

3 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

I mentioned this to the cleaner one day and she told me that it was even worse in the women's bathrooms.  The female students were apparently convinced they would catch some horrible disease if they sat on the toilet seat so they squatted on the seat, which resulted in even more pi$$ on the seat than in the men's toilet. 

Perhaps squat toilets would have been the right solution for both types of bathrooms.

I'm sure the Thai solution in the article is the best they could think of as a quick fix, and since it sort of works it will undoubtedly be the final fix since it would be too much trouble to redo this properly.

I can confirm your cleaners are right about the women's toilets,

I have built many clubs, pubs and restaurants and 5 star hotels and women toilets are the worst,

We have some villas for rent Im <deleted> ing sick of women having periods in the bed if they leave it for days it wont come out,

There's laundries every 100 yards in Thailand, anyway I charged them if we cant get it out 2000 Baht,

One woman not long ago didn't even throw it in the bin just threw it on the floor for the cleaner to pick up,

Almost as bad as guys leaving used condoms lying around in the bedroom

22 hours ago, webfact said:

students modernize traditional squat toilet

Interesting, but how often have you gone to use the "western" toilet in a petrol station convenience and found footprints on the seat??? I have on several occasions whist driving around Thailand.

We've discovered foot prints on our toilet seat at work.: 911dispatchers

• Haha 2

When I was in high school back in the last century our principal had all of the toilet seats taken out since the boys just peed all over them every day.  It lasted for a year before the parents got up in arms!

So, he decided that truants and students in detention could clean them every day!  That cleaned up the problem pretty quick.  Truancy and detention basically disappeared.  Sadly, parents got involved again and the principal was transferred out.  The next year the  toilets were as nasty as ever.