Honda ADV 150 vs. Yamaha

I like my Honda Click for around town but for long distance touring all over Thailand it's

not really suitable because the seat is uncomfortable and it tops out at just under 100kph. 

So I'm looking for a bike that is still great for zipping around town and squeezing between cars at

traffic lights but has a bit more speed and better suspension, stability and brakes. 

The Honda ADV 150 looks great to me but what do you think of any Yamaha bikes in the 135cc to 150cc range?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bought the Xmax-300 back in August.  Since then have cruised from Bangkok to Hua Hin and further out.  Nice and comfortable bike, nice storage under the seat.  Installed the rear seat support for the

All the bikes OP mentioned are not ideal for long distance touring.    Get at least an Xmax or a Forza if you want to stick to scooters.    

The honda hands down. And by zipping around town I have a new Forza 300 that I zip around town in. Had a PCX before and I zip just as easy with the forza. As for touring the forza is twice the touring

Posted Images

9 hours ago, papa al said:

Yamaha Exciter 150

B65K

No under-seat storage 

otherwise great.

Super value.

papa also keen on Honda CB150.

Very keen.

B95-98K.

Much better suspension, brakes,

2x bigger tank.

Best 150 out there

IpHO.

Yamaha MT 15 also good.

Edited by papa al
1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

Papa, didn't they have vibration problems with those awhile back?  I seem to recall ...

Allegedly.

Couple years back,

papa met a German guy who said his vibrated badly.

The one papa rented for a week

[2018 model IpRC]

was fine.

Haven't heard any oother bad reports.

Wouldn't buy a second-hand one w/o significant test ride.

And

Edited by papa al
17 hours ago, alx123 said:

All the bikes OP mentioned are not ideal for long distance touring. 

Get at least an Xmax or a Forza if you want to stick to scooters.

Big scoots not so great "for zipping around town and squeezing between cars." ??

Edited by papa al
  • Thanks 1

papa al - True, but Pattaya is not as bad as Bangkok or even Chiang Mai, and I've become enamored with the 300s. 

I've got time to rent one or both before I make up my mind.  For comfort for both me and my gf on pillion the Forza sounds

so good... And the storage space - two full-sized helmets under the seat. 

• Like 1

If you aim a bit higher, there is possible to get honda cb500x 2017 now with less than 20k on the odometer. Would not think twice if I was me. I have toured with pcx, 500x and versys 1000, no doubt the bigger the better. But I guess I would have gone for the ADV if I was aiming for country side dirt roads. If not it is just personal preferences Yamaha or Honda. Good bikes

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1