Thailand is the Number 1 Asian destination for travellers planning holidays in 2021

webfact

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is the Number 1 Asian destination for travellers planning holidays in 2021

Respondents in Tourlane travel survey name Thailand as their top choice in Asia and 4th choice worldwide

Just a reminder of the topic for all the depressimistics.

Not from TAT either for all the skeptics. Travel professional experts in Europe, not from some drunk bloke on a barstool on the darkside.

Ok, repeat after me.....

One more time...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Just a reminder of the topic for all the depressimistics.

Not from TAT either for all the skeptics. Travel professional experts in Europe, not from some drunk bloke on a barstool on the darkside.

Ok, repeat after me.....

One more time...

we can read you know? 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

One of my relatives works for a large well known international travel company, one of the biggest.  He says this report is nonsense and he is in a position to know. When I asked him where is, he said, for Asia, Singapore, India, Vietnam and Taiwan, elsewhere,  all Caribbean destinations and most people in Europe will stay in and around Europe for at least a couple of holiday years, with New Zealand the likely long haul favourite.  Thailand appears nowhere in their research on future travel plans.  

It depends whether you generally like to say Thailand is finished a a holiday destination or not.

21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A pity for them then that Thailand is all but closed to dirty foreigners. They'll just have to pick somewhere else.

When your country sorts out your covid pandemic issues the Thais will welcome you all back like they always have. You liked it so much you moved here right?

It is a tropical place, so remember to shower at least twice a day, only put on fresh clothes, use a bit a deodorant but not to much and brush your teeth and you will fit in. 
Nothing worse than being stuck near a stinky tourist. I think it is something all of us have experienced before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I do find it odd that so many Tvf guys seem to talk each other into misery and appear to really want Thailand to fail. 
Travel will be opening up again soon so it will be easy to leave. 

One more time...

The bashers hate when Thailand wins. It must be depressing, because they just keep on winning and winning. 

says who, only TAT? Who else in the travel industry outside of Thailand is saying it?  Nobody.  Tourism will not be the saviour of Thailand, its only 17% of GDP.   Nobody is whining if you are saying the obvious and backing it up from people who actually know the real facts.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Traubert said:

It depends whether you generally like to say Thailand is finished a a holiday destination or not.

it depends on what peoples perception of Thailand is as a destination right now and for next year.  The large western travel companies are all doing their own extensive research in order to block book hotels, flights etc,  so they know, or think they know, the real picture, based on their own forward planning models.  Thailand does not figure highly. Wishful thinking does not replace research. All this of course ignores the skewed numbers if Chinese tourism is included, which I imagine is what is happening with TAT. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

says who, only TAT? Who else in the travel industry outside of Thailand is saying it?  Nobody.  Tourism will not be the saviour of Thailand, its only 17% of GDP.   Nobody is whining if you are saying the obvious and backing it up from people who actually know the real facts.  

Three posts ago you claimed you could read???

Back to the OP....

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand was named the number one Asian destination, and the fourth destination worldwide, according to a recent survey by German-based online travel agent Tourlane.

In a survey to identify travel trends that are emerging for 2021, it found that Thailand was the fourth most popular worldwide destination named by respondents, after the USA, South Africa, and Canada.

Ms. Helen Scheepers, Head of Sales at Tourlane, said: “The survey shows that 2021 will be a year of the great outdoors, so it’s no surprise to see that Thailand, with its incredible range of outdoor activities, is the fourth most popular worldwide destination for 2021.

Got it yet?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh magic crystal ball what can we expect for tourism next year? Crystal ball responds "I am pleased to announce that Thailand was named the number one Asian destination, and the fourth destination worldwide when people asked their magic mirrors where they could travel with a guaranteed quarantine"

Another daily buildup.  What will happen when all of their dreams and wishes do not come true.  TAT will start to look like Pinocchio soon I fear. 

Start too??? Lol

16 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

That's the site the TAT quoted from. There is no mention of Thailand being number 4 on the list only number 6 worldwide.

It may be the #1 Asian destination for travellers planning holidays in 2021 but the problem is that they are few in number.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to announce that Thailand was named the number one Asian destination, and the fourth destination worldwide, according to a recent survey by German-based online travel agent Tourlane.

Baby laughing.gif

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The way things are going Thailand might be back in lock-down 2021

courtesy of some disobedient young Thai ladies.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

A lot of negative comments as usual.

Thailand will bounce back faster than most. I cant see many risking their families health to go to covid ravaged Europe or the USA. 

Personally i know one retired couple that will come and stay in five star resorts for 3-4 months like they do every year. 
I have 6-7 friends who will bring their families over, 4 star types.

And 4 “single” mates, two of who usually come 3-5 times per year,  1200ish per night room types.

All can’t wait to get over here again.

If the vaccine is in Thailand by May as planned it will be back to business as usual by November high season. 

Light at the end of the tunnel now. 

Interesting are you sure November is high season may be you have wrong country as from my experience very low season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dialemco said:

Interesting are you sure November is high season may be you have wrong country as from my experience very low season 

sure.

The months between November and April are considered peak season in Phuket. Temperatures hover in the lower 80s and the oceans are relatively calm, (especially when compared to the strong currents characteristic of monsoon season). Still, peak season also ushers in peak accommodation rates.

https://travel.usnews.com/Phuket_Thailand/When_To_Visit/