Thailand is the Number 1 Asian destination for travellers planning holidays in 2021

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to announce that Thailand was named the number one Asian destination, and the fourth destination worldwide, according to a recent survey by German-based online travel agent Tourlane.

was the survey done before or after the new infections detected at the Not controlled borders.... usually this type of TAT bs posts show up on Mondays, this week they decided to throw it out at the end of the week 555

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

according to a recent survey by German-based online travel agent Tourlane.

who the heck and how reliable is tourlane ...  555  ROFL

Why Tourlane?

A great founder’s story

Work in a company founded by two childhood friends, Julian Stiefel and Julian Weselek—better known as the Julians

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sraisin said:

I was surprised when I read America was the number choice of destination of surveyed travellers, thinking that would be the last place anyone would want to visit. Now I understand the whole report is just rubbish, they ask Americans where they want to go and they chose America, because no where else will accept them until they get the virus spread under control. Thanks to the fact checkers! Its hard work being sceptical of everything you read. Can we go back to those times when words matter?

I'm afraid that nothing else matters. 

Well at least the daily dollop of tat shows what is possible! Youd think the govt and health ministey would be pulling out ALL THE STOPS to vaccinate ecery last little Thai, but no, "sometime towards the end of next year" half the population. Bit lackadaisical considering tourism IS the economy.

• Like 1

I think the TAT has a master plan to rejuvenate the Chinese golden goose tourism industry with a subsidised financial incentive. If that goes up the suwanee in the recognised tourist destinations, then there is little hope for the rest of Thailand. 

On 12/4/2020 at 8:51 AM, webfact said:

Key findings showed that more than two thirds (69%) of international travellers preferred a destination that offered plenty in the way of outdoor activities, and that over half (54%) of the travellers wanted to travel for two or three weeks during the spring or summer time.

Were repondents informed of the quarantine, insurance, etc...?

Also indoor inactivity for the first 2 weeks ;-(

???? how can they trust themselves ? it is amazing.

I think, when all this fear story and business practices will end, sure, many would be happy to be able to come (and for some of them: to come back at home with their family).

So 2021 will be the year of the fear and the shame, same than 2020 was ?

Populations around the world is hoping for freedom, respect and work to be welcome.

Edited by jerolamo

On 12/4/2020 at 4:17 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Oh magic crystal ball what can we expect for tourism next year? Crystal ball responds "I am pleased to announce that Thailand was named the number one Asian destination, and the fourth destination worldwide when people asked their magic mirrors where they could travel with a guaranteed quarantine"

Another daily buildup.  What will happen when all of their dreams and wishes do not come true.  TAT will start to look like Pinocchio soon I fear. 

tat is already pinnocchio !!

I,am sure they will be knocking down the  immigration doors at the airport.Once thru come this way to your hotel for 14 days.Get the vaccine  then we can travel and maybe the borders open for many who will travel.

The world of travel will be open again for who want to go somewhere.thailand will be on that list for sure.I,am one of the many who are waiting to travel

Possibly for expats and long time retirees who may have families or other connection and desperate to get back to Thailand. As far as tourists are concerned we are all going to hold on to our what little money we have, and spend it possibly in Spain, Greece or even Cornwall! for our two weeks holiday.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CapeTown said:

Well at least the daily dollop of tat shows what is possible! Youd think the govt and health ministey would be pulling out ALL THE STOPS to vaccinate ecery last little Thai, but no, "sometime towards the end of next year" half the population. Bit lackadaisical considering tourism IS the economy.

Well, about 1/20th of it anyway.

• Confused 1

On 12/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, pokerface1 said:

The days of using a vaccination book with a stamp  are over and just not good enough any more. Solving one problem just leads to another more often than not.

How about a 'Covid Visa' in your passport?

On 12/5/2020 at 10:37 AM, jollyhangmon said:

... not possible mate, surely you made some mistake there because Thailand (numbah 1, apparently!?) seems to be AWOL, 555 ...

The info may well be wrong but don't forget it says 'Asian Destination'.