Five brands responsible for most of Thailand’s plastic pollution: Greenpeace

webfact

15 hours ago, overherebc said:

Used to put them on the end of the barrel on the old SLR. Kept out rain, dust, sand etc. Often wondered what people thought if they found one with the end blasted off and scorch marks on it.

????????

You must have had very small lenses if you used them in Thailand

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Wow listing CP and Red Bull. Expect a lawsuit soon and Government to jump up about great they are. These are good people companies.

The money they "donate" makes them very worthy companies.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Whilst these companies could probably do better to redevelop their packaging, the only people to REALLY blame are Thais themselves. They are notoriously bad disposing of litter.

They throw it over the wall hoping it will go away itself 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Recently in Chonburi I have noticed more and more Thais throwing plastic bottles and other garbage out of the window of their vehicles. 

Didn't really notice it at all before. 

It seems noise, litter, and 2.5 pm air pollution is what makes life worth living in the LOS. ????

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

We have no garbage disposal service in our village, apparently the 160 baht a month is too expensive for them to pay, especially when a lighter are much cheaper and the mayor has no balls, only interested in selling illegal lottery tickets etc etc.

You sometimes wonder what makes these people tick, from top to bottom, but as an educate foreigner I will keep doing my bit which I know is pointless, but if I stopped the guilt would kill me.

Pretty good where I live we about 480 Baht per year they come around 2 or 3 times a week to empty the bins, in the moo bann is mostly farang 2 houses facing are Thai's they have no bins they would rather sneak around at night putting it in my bin which I dont mind if they would put it in a black plastic bag the bin men wont take it away so right now I've got some stinking rotten fish at the bottom of the bin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We congratulate Thailand on the unbelievable (used deliberately) Covid figures. Despite their religion they fear death (except on the roads!).  Maybe they should publish figures showing the huge numbers of annual respiratory deaths caused by burning waste/crops.

• Like 2

Not to let CP & other major brands off the hook, but I'd say a bit of a flawed study. The local food stall doesn't have it's brand name plastered all over the double and triple bagged food you take away, for instance.

• Like 2

Sadly Thai culture is, not my land so I do not care operates more in the villages than towns. Minimal  litter bins and those that are around are continually full   Once when complaining about local market being littered with so much rubbish I was told, not your land so why worry . Typical Thai attitude which does nothing to address the situation at all. 

In relation to this post, and researching each company named, I came upon this information in Lactasoy Group's official website under "About Us" (quote:-)

During the World War II, we distributed our products to the Japanese military base camps and in Yaowarat area (currently known as China Town).

I actually think this is an inspired idea that Greenpeace has not followed through on.   At least flag the top 5 brands (not companies) and keep the social media and PR focused on these brands relentlessly.  I can assure you that companies will care once their brands start getting flagged as bad actors.  Of course the Thai response will be to suppress the truth in court.  Let the defemation cases roll ... free publicity

On 12/4/2020 at 9:11 AM, overherebc said:

Used to put them on the end of the barrel on the old SLR. Kept out rain, dust, sand etc. Often wondered what people thought if they found one with the end blasted off and scorch marks on it.

????????

When the corporal handed me one before I went on guard duty, I thought we had a special bond