how is this beach area???

moontang

3 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

If you have been staying here, have you not seen the beach? Go down and look, might be an option ¿¿¿¿

Been staying on previous visits.. sorry I didn't use an extra 300 words for the edges of the Spectrum. 

If you walk around the beach from the north and can get in front of the Hilton it's the best around 5pm to 6pm as they have a bar there and the 2 for 1 drinks are great, you can even order gourmet pizzas, if anyone asks are you staying at the hotel say no I am a guest and my friend will be joining me soon, then when you are done, pay and exit with a smile, guess my friend fell asleep again.

I have stayed at the Navy Hotel there north of the pier.  I worried about jelly fish, so I go south of

Hua Hin to the military beach across from the 2 statues.  I did enjoy the quietness of

the area at the north of the pier, but I think the fishing boats and boat activity would

attract more jelly fish north of the pier, than some of the beaches south of there.   The beaches

near monkey mountain were also nice. even the beach to the south of the ferry pier, that you

catch the ferry Hua Hin to Pattaya.

Geezer

14 hours ago, Olmate said:

You must be a real wild one.

O'contraire, I recently have stayed at the Hilton before and when I went down to the beach with my wife around 4.45pm, we decided to go back up the steps and to the beachfront bar for happy hour drinks between 5pm and 6pm as previously mentioned. Security asking if we were staying at the hotel, my reply was; we are guests (which was true) waiting for friends to join us and continued over to the bar for drinks and a pizza.

The security guard saw us not 15 minutes earlier walk straight on past him down the steps to the beach, so if he couldn't remember us, and accepted my reply, then I guess the poster could also enjoy himself there without paying to stay at the Hilton.

Just having fun with security seeing how far one could push the envelope.

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

maybe it was a different security guard? For you, they may all look alike - as well as for the security guard... 

you want to be remembered, wear a jesters dunce cap... [or give a tip] 

Maybe better...

Borat Mankini - CoolGift

On 12/5/2020 at 6:19 PM, 4MyEgo said:

If you walk around the beach from the north and can get in front of the Hilton it's the best around 5pm to 6pm as they have a bar there and the 2 for 1 drinks are great, you can even order gourmet pizzas, if anyone asks are you staying at the hotel say no I am a guest and my friend will be joining me soon, then when you are done, pay and exit with a smile, guess my friend fell asleep again.

How exciting........:cheesy:????????

• Haha 1

I've always found the best beaches in Hua Hi  are......in Cha Am. All the way from the airport right up to Chaosamran beach 25 miles North of Cha Am. The 6 Km long beach front road in town itself has a much better Thai 'feel' to it with a great selection of all you need.

Follow up... Cut my stay short by three days...beach doesn't exist north of Hilton, but that was a minor issue.  Hot dogs (bunless) and prison food are much too prevalent.  Hotel is a three star disgrace.  Jomtien wins in every category, and it has its shortcomings. 

23 hours ago, moontang said:

I have been to that Hilton twenty times. And I'll I got were salutes.  Are you from the middle east or Pakistan, perhaps? 

Even more exciting ( You didn't forget your yellow stripes ) and no I' m from none of the above mentioned zones... By the way I prefer Sofitel....

18 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Even more exciting ( You didn't forget your yellow stripes ) and no I' m from none of the above mentioned zones... By the way I prefer Sofitel....

You and your partner may not have noticed they charge 1500 for bringing a girl to your room. 

56 minutes ago, moontang said:

You and your partner may not have noticed they charge 1500 for bringing a girl to your room. 

Untrue...... Got a Accor Gold card... By the way if that was the case they would not be the only ones doing it. e.g. Zenith Hotel Skhvit Soi 3 Bkk, among others......and so does the Hilton in Doha..... 

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

Untrue...... Got a Accor Gold card... By the way if that was the case they would not be the only ones doing it. e.g. Zenith Hotel Skhvit Soi 3 Bkk, among others......and so does the Hilton in Doha..... 

So it isn't true, but maybe it is?  Medication time? 

On 12/5/2020 at 8:48 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

I have stayed at the Navy Hotel there north of the pier.  I worried about jelly fish, so I go south of

Hua Hin to the military beach across from the 2 statues.  I did enjoy the quietness of

the area at the north of the pier, but I think the fishing boats and boat activity would

attract more jelly fish north of the pier, than some of the beaches south of there.   The beaches

near monkey mountain were also nice. even the beach to the south of the ferry pier, that you

catch the ferry Hua Hin to Pattaya.

Geezer

Navy hotel... Military beach... LoL  

Were you in the Army or something?

Navy Phi Rom is a nice hotel with a pool and restaurant. It also has rooms close by, for Thais and 

Military personal, that is cheaper about 550 baht per night. The hotel rates were about 1200

baht per night, with breakfast included.  The beach is okay except not much beach at

high tide, but that is the same at the Hilton, when the tide is high. The beaches south part of

Hua Hin are nicer and cleaner and I did not see any jelly fish. 

Geezer