House Painting - Labor cost per SQM

Does anyone have any experience how much to pay for painters? (Not including materials, just labor cost)

All areas are new and not previously been painted.

1. Internal walls, with 3 coats applied, price per SQM?

2. Hardwood doors 80cm by 200cm 3 coats, price per door?

Would love to hear what others actually have paid for painting jobs

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think HomePro was B150 a square meter or B250 with skim-coat and a B15,000 minimum. Includes doors and trim. You also have to buy all the materials from them, but you can pick what you want. 

Never pay by the day or hour unless you are doing the work and hiring people to help. If you are hiring contractor, they should be able to provide a detailed line-item quote that includes material.

150 baht a sqm for painting doors?

47 minutes ago, Tyler Visan said:

Should you not want a price PER HOUR / DAY ?

Exactly, I had a construction business for 20 years and the best money I made was painting car parks on a sq. M rate. 85 pence always sounded cheap to the QS and purchasing department.  

Think how long it would take you to do the job and pay them the rate for the time involved.

HomePro is a fine retail store. They offer "home services", but not all services in all provinces. The fee for painting services quoted to me, was a tad more than I pay to have tile installed by a family member per square meter. There is a popular foreigner with a painting company based in Phuket. I've met more than one painting contractor in Buriram. I pay attention to what paint they buy and what brand airless paint sprayer they own. No matter what painter you hire, I urge the OP to go and see previous work by that painter in person. 

1 hour ago, STD Warehouse said:

Does anyone have any experience how much to pay for painters? (Not including materials, just labor cost)

To help things, how many sq. metres of walls are there. Prep and cutting in take time and a large space is easier than a small space.   You say it's new, therefore will it be totally clear of furniture...easier to work around. Finally is it all the same colour on all the walls because 2 colours take 3 times as long.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Do You think the price is the same in Bangkok as it is in Nakom Nowhere.?.......

The amount of people here that post a "Price" question but never say where they are situated.......:coffee1:

*** if you are in Issan--I can recommend a really good Husband wife team, that do all the work you would require ----quality work, at a low price.

I know prices in differant parts of Thailand will be different, but I feel like I can extrapolate up or down accordingly to my area, Koh Samui (btw) 

Difficult to say. Excluding the actual paint I would estimate Thb 400 to 500 per day per person. 

There are a lot of variables such as elevation, quality of finish / Number of coats required , location , walls vs ceilings etc etc. For that I’d expect the guys to bring their own ladders, tressles paintbrushes, tools, thinners etc as well as dust sheets and other consumables. While that’s good for an estimate I’d get a lump sum from the contractor(s) then decide from there. When they are quoting make sure you tell them the whole scope, and ask how long to complete and how many workers he will use. ( you can use that to figure out a cost per M2 or day if you want to.

I definitely wouldn’t pay by the hour or day. Going with the cheap quote however is not always the lowest cost in the long run.

20 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

3 yrs ago I paid 20,000 for 100 sq mt house single story with high eves. 3 coats inside and out including doors and ceilings. plus paint and varnish that i brought. I was very lucky to get a guy who did an amazing job. even used artist brushes to paint up around the sows  and no mess anywhere.

• Like 1

I do it all myself. When my house was built and painted I thought the colour was a bit 'off', I asked the painter how much he had diluted the paint because there was a lot left over and I had worked out the sqm myself, turns out he had used 3 times the amount of water necessary, when I pointed out the Thai instructions on the paint containers it became apparent that he couldn't read so I repainted the walls myself and also did the interior.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Does that include the scraping and cleaning floors when the paint-job is done?????  55555555

They're contractors that work for HomePro and they don't get paid until you're happy.

Or you could probably get the motorcycle taxi guys, or worse, your in-laws....

• Haha 1