Big project

sometime

Apart from the pipe laying on Sukumvit anyone know if there is a a big project being put together.

Past the Ambassador Hotel heading to Pattaya New accommodation block complete with aircon has been setup with what looks like an office with Chinese writing across the top.

On the turn off to the Chinese temple there is a sign showing a flyover

portacabins.jpg

office.jpg

T1_20201122_10123901A.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

If you can't answer  ... why post?

I can answer.  There's no town planning here. 

You could pay big money for a high rise condo with water views today, and next month, they start building a condo tower in front of your building and your water views are gone.

Do you disagree that this happens?   

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I believe its going to be the "temporary"  office for the Sukhumvit road widening project  you can see they are laying new drainages/sewage pipes and a new water main  then one more lane  may be both ways.P_20201109_133130.thumb.jpg.56039132628ca126203929b9f44b6f37.jpg

I'll try to remember to get a good ( higher resolution) photo of the sign in the OP above this afternoon  then all should become clear ( cause it will be readable ????)

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

I couldn't find these signs  maybe the "back hoe"  got there first ??

T1_20201122_10123901A.jpg.9255c37c2903364e991decbe4de95d9e.jpg.dbc33c7a46ba7d9bd52b545b62fe2e1e.jpg

P_20201207_155318.thumb.jpg.4da7811b819ade480031e45d9cca9e8f.jpg

Anyway its definitely the offices for the  road construction project 

"road number 3 ( Sukhumvit)  Pattaya - Sattahip  first phase  kilometre 153+200 to Kilometre 160+500 a length of 7.3 kilometres."

P_20201207_155613.thumb.jpg.ad6b78c38eac05f395d9696fe666cc15.jpg

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

That sign talks about the Sukhumvit Road project, starting with the tunnel in Pattaya.  That's the flyover you see.

What they are doing now is putting in a new water pipe and drain pipes.  Plus, there are rumors the road will be widened to 3 lanes in each direction from basically the lights at Ban Amphur (Phoenix road) to the Floating Market.

There is a huge new project starting next to the Ambassador, ICON SIAM.  They could be trying to get ready for this also.  It's going to be massive.

https://pattayaone.news/icon-siam-shopping-center/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

There is a huge new project starting next to the Ambassador, ICON SIAM. 

Not that I've really had a good look but I've seen no progress on that site when driving past  since they put up the big white hoardings ...its nearer to the Ocean Marina than Ambassador    nearly opposite the spur road leading to motorway 7

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Not that I've really had a good look but I've seen no progress on that site when driving past  since they put up the big white hoardings ...its nearer to the Ocean Marina than Ambassador    nearly opposite the spur road leading to motorway 7

I'm guessing construction has stopped due to the virus, but not sure.  They are one of the richest families in Thailand.  So who knows.

It's just south of Ocean Marina.  Right next door.

P.S. have you seen all the new development just north of The Ambassador?  Insane.  Seems they are working again on that mega project near the Pinnacle.  Traffic's going to be insane here in the next few years.

Edited by Jeffr2

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

unless you are right on the beach that has got to be pretty true anywhere... 

Do you remember the VT7  debacle ?   there was a very long thread in this forum somewhere about it

in essence they "re-defined" where the shore line  was measured from  so that the condo could be built less than 100 meters from the old shoreline.

VT7.jpg.ff2399727a65e64dec93575af2f8772f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

P.S. have you seen all the new development just north of The Ambassador?

Nope can't say I've noticed anything   near the Pinnacle  though if it can't be seen from the Sukhumvit road I wouldn't have seen it.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:05 PM, Leaver said:

I can answer.  There's no town planning here. 

You could pay big money for a high rise condo with water views today, and next month, they start building a condo tower in front of your building and your water views are gone.

Do you disagree that this happens?   

In kitchen and bathroom there should be always 'water view' available. 

9 minutes ago, johng said:

Nope can't say I've noticed anything   near the Pinnacle  though if it can't be seen from the Sukhumvit road I wouldn't have seen it.

If you have time, heading north from The Ambassador, take the first left, where the 7/11's are.  Go all the way down and you'll see a high end resort at the end.  Turn right and you'll see another massive development.  Hundreds of rooms.  Head towards the Pinnacle and you'll see the new towers being built.  Hundreds more units. 

Ugh...

9 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Especially if you buy 10 blocks inland... unless you are right on the beach that has got to be pretty true anywhere... 

I take your point, but there's a lot of land encroachment, and strata (air space) encroachment here.  

Many structures are illegal and / or on public land.  

• Like 1