Mr Diy car care products, are they good ?

sncoem

16 hours ago, sncoem said:

Hi,

have you tried the Mr Diy shops car care products, and do you think that they are good ?

because they are very cheap and seem interesting.

what do you think ?

thank you.

On the way out of Tesco this morning I walked into Mr. DIY. Yes things look cheap, should be OK for you to buy.

Edited by PFMills
  • Like 1

I think you get what you pay for, and I have bought a lot of stuff from there......????

Mind you, I bought a cheap 79bht 2" wide belt for my jeans at Mr.DIY, when I got home I was gob smacked to find it was actually leather......????

• Like 2

I bought some cheap tyre cleaning foam from Mr DIY.

Looked OK but turned out to be rubbish. Makes foam which disappeares and leaves tyres looking the same. The Tesco brand works a whole lot better.

Other stuff bought from there has been ok.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you get what you pay for, and I have bought a lot of stuff from there......????

Mind you, I bought a cheap 79bht 2" wide belt for my jeans at Mr.DIY, when I got home I was gob smacked to find it was actually leather......????

I bought an Aluminium ladder that was usually sold for 1,700 baht.

At the counter than the surprise. They gave me a 400 baht discount. 

The tools I've bought there were always of good quality. 

• Like 1

The car care stuff I have bought from Mr. D.I.Y. that worked include:

Small bottle of windshield anti-rain conditioning.

Plastic anti-fog and rain films for wing mirrors.

Blue additives for the window wash bottle.

Small aerosol cans of cabin deodorizer.

Large aerosol cans of air conditioning foam-type cleaners.

I haven't bothered with their shampoo, waxes, foam tire cleaners, foam engine cleaners and the like. I get that from Big C or Amorn.

• Like 1

Can't be ar..ed with DIY. Local guy does inside, outside, underneath, clean, wax, tyres...the lot Bht 200.

But other stuff I have bought at Mr DIY seem just about OK, but no idea how long tools will last, depending on use.

Edited by Tyler Visan
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 7:23 PM, NanLaew said:

For my purposes which may extend to a twice-monthly DIY pressure wash, foam and wipe down. Not a clay bar or Meguiers fan myself.

Stopped wasting my time and money with the car washes. Now I get much needed exercise and then relax with a couple of cold beers from the 200 baht saved.

Here's a tip for something that's NOT sold at Mr DIY but can be had pretty much everywhere else. Farcent do citrus scented wet wipes for automobile interior cleaning. They lift all the dirt and dust and make the ride smell all sunshiney and citrussy.

farcent1.jpg.a8b18d1c4894a55369468a1960521013.jpg

They also do another variety of wet-wipe for kitchen and household use that are brilliant for cleaning things that you may think are too dirty or greasy to recover. Even removes paint and permanent marker ink if you're fast enough. Need to wear rubber gloves though.

farcent2.jpg.f11e78737e4d5dc9feb9af0238112169.jpg

do you buy them at any supermarket ?

• Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 1:04 PM, NanLaew said:

The car care stuff I have bought from Mr. D.I.Y. that worked include:

Small bottle of windshield anti-rain conditioning.

Plastic anti-fog and rain films for wing mirrors.

Blue additives for the window wash bottle.

Small aerosol cans of cabin deodorizer.

Large aerosol cans of air conditioning foam-type cleaners.

I haven't bothered with their shampoo, waxes, foam tire cleaners, foam engine cleaners and the like. I get that from Big C or Amorn.

I will also add Mr DIY's aerosol spray grease to the list. I found it handy for lubricating the out-of-sight bits when I recently replaced the upper control arms on my pickup.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 1:56 AM, sammieuk1 said:

My Mrs and 6 year old boy get very excited at any branch of Mr DIY for some obscure reason and are magically compelled to buy any useless tat cos its cheap I suppose ????

Same same, perhaps different stuff that's then sitting around somewhere until it's forgotten. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sncoem said:

hello,

I checked and Mr DIY does not sell any special tissue to clean car.

And they do not have any spray to clean tar, tree sab and bird poop, so can you tell me which one you use please ?

cheers

What color is your car as it is important when selecting which Farcent wiper is most applicable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sncoem said:

hello,

I checked and Mr DIY does not sell any special tissue to clean car.

And they do not have any spray to clean tar, tree sab and bird poop, so can you tell me which one you use please ?

cheers

Never heard of tissue to clean a car, I have heard of tissue to clean a nose though..

They do have a spray to clean tar etc, it is called "WD40" or "Sonax", I prefer Sonax..????

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1