Mr Diy car care products, are they good ?

sncoem

Farcent wiping cloths are all white and for interior cleaning. Mr DIY now has their own brand.

I haven't seen any tissues specifically for cleaning the whole outside of a car but Farcent towels (as above) are good for finishing around window seals, door handles, brightwork, etc..

As for bug and tar, I use Scotch 3M citrus-based adhesive removal spray that I got from Homepro.

sar.jpg.1c73b37d760c66f90691235f2f5adf8d.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Farcent wiping cloths are all white and for interior cleaning. Mr DIY now has their own brand.

I haven't seen any tissues specifically for cleaning the whole outside of a car but Farcent towels (as above) are good for finishing around window seals, door handles, brightwork, etc..

As for bug and tar, I use Scotch 3M citrus-based adhesive removal spray that I got from Homepro.

how much does it cost ? and in your experience is it better than anything else priced similar ?

thank you for the tip.

11 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

how much does it cost ? and in your experience is it better than anything else priced similar ?

thank you for the tip.

It's available on lazada.

sar2.jpg.710e041cc75c43dbfb93823b23908f33.jpg

There's also this one on lazada which is a similar product in a larger can for about the same price. I have only tried the smaller one above and the can being smaller means I can keep it in the truck.

aar.jpg.14a72f56defbac90a5c6c41592ff8392.jpg

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's available on lazada.

sar2.jpg.710e041cc75c43dbfb93823b23908f33.jpg

There's also this one on lazada which is a similar product in a larger can for about the same price. I have only tried the smaller one above and the can being smaller means I can keep it in the truck.

aar.jpg.14a72f56defbac90a5c6c41592ff8392.jpg

Thank you but it's even more expensive than WD40, so is it really better ?

4 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Some say yes and there again some say no. Suggest that you buy the cheaper option and try it. It should work.

Then if you wish buy the smaller can advertised above and try that.

Only way you will know for sure as people’s opinions differ.

Good idea? A can of WD40 isn’t going to break the bank is it? Especially as you seem to be able to afford to buy another apartment to store stuff and entertain. ????

Don’t forget to post how you get on.

Edited by PFMills

On 2/7/2021 at 1:01 AM, l4ml4m said:

I don't know your budget and have no idea of how bad your bug and tar problems are. You wanted to know what I use and how much it cost. The rest is up to you, no?

PS: It smells a lot better than WD40.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, JAS21 said:

I wonder if he knows it  should have maintenance every three months

Every 6 mths for my package which I do. But occasionally scratches appear in the coating. Ceramic/glass coats do scratch, no matter what they tell you. Basic compound takes them out. I also use meguairs coating spray and used that occasionally. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 6:36 PM, NanLaew said:

I would be very careful with this product around plastic. 

I use it for sticker/adhesive remover and it’s great, but i have damaged a couple things with it, including a AC grill.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2021 at 7:56 PM, mogandave said:

I would be very careful with this product around plastic. 

I use it for sticker/adhesive remover and it’s great, but i have damaged a couple things with it, including a AC grill.

what happened ?

• Like 1