Body repairs Bangkok.

DrJack54

Can someone advise me regarding panel repair work. I realize vague question but to narrow it down. I'm just referring to panel damage to for example front L/R guards.

I know what that would cost in Oz (heaps) however have no idea regarding Thailand.

It's only superficial so could live with it if I purchase and not bother with repair.

While here can I ask what is major items to insist upon regarding purchase. I can research this later as surely has been asked many times.

Ta for any guidance.

Edited by DrJack54

You need someone who can do panel beating - I can't give you an address, but you need to think about how the repair needs to be done. Most of the bigger repair companies work on insurance payouts and all they ever seem interested in doing is replacing the whole offending panel and respraying it. This is very expensive and often necessary....frequently the paint isn't a good match (e.g. metallic finishes).

I shopped around and asked some Thai friends and got a little back street guy, who knocked out all my dents in my pick-up accumulated over 9 yrs. Instead of the 9000 baht for the single panel I got everything done for 900 baht (plus 100 tip)

• Thanks 1

I only had to have a rocker panel replaced but where I went had a lot of nice cars there for bodywork and was surprisingly inexpensive.  I was an auto claims adjuster in a past life so I know how expensive it can be in western countries (US for me).  The owner (maybe it was just the manager) speaks perfect English.

http://www.tsmotor.co.th

• Thanks 1