What Happens if Stamp to Stay on Non-Imm. O-A Visa runs out a few days before ฿800k has seasoned in Thai bank for 2 months?

I have a few quick questions. Due to unknown monthly transfer amount limitations back in the US, I am having a terrible time getting all of the necessary funds in my Thai Bangkok Bank account in sufficient time for it to season for 2 entire months before the stamp to stay in country expires in mid-February. If the money arrives in my account only a couple of days before the deadline and I run into snags at immigration for any reason and it takes me passed the day stamped in my passport for me to get the O-A extension, what will take place?

1) Will I (and each member of my family) be fined daily overstay fees until it is all cleared up, but still be granted the extension?

2) Is the 2 months seasoning of the ฿800k exactly two months according to the calendar (i.e December 9th to February 9th)? Or is it only 60 days (thus, Dec. 9th to Feb. 7th)?

3) What if, for some crazy reason, my transfers of the funds do not all make it into the bank next week such that the 2-month seasoning time will not be fulfilled until after the date to leave in my passport passes by a couple of days. What will happen to my family and I in this situation? Can we request an additional 7-days at our local immigration office and just pay overstay fines per person per day?

4) I have heard talk in the TVF and elsewhere of people being sent to jail if they overstay during this time (Covid). Is that actually a possibility? For my wife and 2 kids also? 

Thanks. ???? If they grant amnesty again due to COVID beyond this date, I assume I and anyone in my situation will be OK. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

3. . . . You can get 7 days to leave the country after paying the 1900 baht fee and having the application denied.

If your funds are not in the bank soon enough you could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension before January 29th that is the current date for when they will no longer be done.

Thanks UbonJoe for the clarifications. What exactly is this "7 days to leave the country?" Is it a stamp in my (our) passport(s) to remain in the country this additional week until the matter with the money seasoned fully in the bank is rectified? Also, I am not familiar with the "60 day covid 19 extension," as I did not think this would apply to me before this past week. Could you direct me to a specific thread on this forum that explains this well in more detail? Otherwise, I will hunt it down my self. Thanks ????

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

You know you can use 65,000 monthly deposits or a combination of money in the bank and monthly deposits.

But going the monthly deposit method would require that these deposits would have to have been regular with FFT notations for the entire year before requesting the extension, correct?  This, I do not have. 

Just now, glegolo said:

I was thinkingh about, that you are referring to your family wife and children.

Do you have a falangwife or a thaiwife? If a falangwife how is she going to stay in Thailand??

Farang. She and my kids would continue to stay here on the coattails of my O-A visa extension, as they have done in the past and are doing right now. Nothing has taken place in recent weeks/months to change that has it? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Isaanman said:

What exactly is this "7 days to leave the country?" Is it a stamp in my (our) passport(s) to remain in the country this additional week until the matter with the money seasoned fully in the bank is rectified?

It is only a denial  stamp for the extension application that gives you 7 days to leave the country and they will not allow you to apply for another extension. Best not to apply for it if your money will be in the bank for 2 months  in 2 or 3 days. Immigration would still accept the one year extension stamp with a short overstay after you pay the fine for it at 500 baht a day.

18 minutes ago, Isaanman said:

Also, I am not familiar with the "60 day covid 19 extension," as I did not think this would apply to me before this past week. Could you direct me to a specific thread on this forum that explains this well in more detail? Otherwise, I will hunt it down my self.

There have been several topics about the 60 day covid 19 extensions. It is a way immigration came up with to avoid issuing a new amnesty. You would do an affidavit with tick boxes for the reason you require the extension,

It seems you will not need to apply for it since you should have your money in the bank for 2 months and would only have a short overstay that will cost less than the 1900 baht fee for an extensions.

• Thanks 1

if you are sending money from a us bank to bangkok bank, look into transfer wise. takes 3 business days.

good rates and i have had good service.

if you use it, use the long stay in Thailand reason.

it will show up as an international transfer.

Have been using TransferWise ever since the free ACH transfers to BB ended last year. Transferred money via TW both yesterday and today. I just did not realize until the early part of this last week that my US bank had a monthly transfer limitation, forcing me to look into some alternative methods to get the cash in my account in a timely and reasonably inexpensive way. TW still seems to be the best.

This is off subject a little bit; but, have you or others here ever heard of and used currencytransfer.com? Nothing came up in the TVF search engine on it; but, it has good reviews and showed a better rate with no online fees on a money transfer provider comparison website. Just curious. 

On 12/5/2020 at 7:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

1. Yes if he overstay is only a few days.

2. Exactly 2 months. December 9th to February 9th is what it would be.

3.  If it is only a couple of days they would do the extensions after you pay the 500 baht a day overstay fine.

There is no 7 day extension you can apply for. You can get 7 days to leave the country after paying the 1900 baht fee and having the application denied.

4. Just hearsay and nonsense.

If your funds are not in the bank soon enough you could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension before January 29th that is the current date for when they will no longer be done.

and don't forget since you are on an OA visa that you have to have the mandatory Thai Health Insurance