Fang bars

Tom89

8 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

you don't know what your talking about. There are plenty of restaurants, some of them quite good, depending on what you like to eat. There are bars, most of which are still closed, but some are open in the same street as the PEA office ( turn left off the main street at Kasikorn Bank, then left again at the next set of traffic lights ). Any bars that are open will be in that vicinity. There's plenty of karaoke that is open, you just need to know where to find it. Definitely no brothels or bar girls, and there IS a decent dentist.

I have no doubt there will be brothels there, every Thai city has them. Having said that, they will be for Thais only.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

There are none. Nor restaurants, karaoke, or brothels. 

Not even, despite the name, a good dentist.

Have more fun!

House points if you get it.

Not brothels in the normal sense, but there must be some short time hotels.

A Dutch guy I met told me he sees many high heeled ladies coming to the resort he stays in, in Fang area. He thinks the owner of the resort is some kind of mamasan. I haven't asked the exact location though, but yeah ... there seems to be some kinds of "entertainment" going on, but I'd guess this is mainly catered to Thais and these girls probably can't speak a word of English.

Edited by wolf81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

There's plenty of karaoke that is open, you just need to know where to find it. Definitely no brothels or bar girls, and there IS a decent dentist.

I know I shouldn't bite but what is the connection between karaoke, brothels, bar girls and dentists?

Apart from tonsils possibly!

There are some 'fairy light' small places on the road coming into Fang from Mae Ai  also if you turn down the off the main road at the 7-11 opposite the Pa Bong market there is Chill cafe and Krua Luang bar big place with a massage joint further along

As for the previous answer 'fin' with tobacco ...I don't think so.. gave me a good laugh though

9 hours ago, wolf81 said:

Not brothels in the normal sense, but there must be some short time hotels.

A Dutch guy I met told me he sees many high heeled ladies coming to the resort he stays in, in Fang area. He thinks the owner of the resort is some kind of mamasan. I haven't asked the exact location though, but yeah ... there seems to be some kinds of "entertainment" going on, but I'd guess this is mainly catered to Thais and these girls probably can't speak a word of English.

Anyway.... they shouldn't talk... ????

11 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

you don't know what your talking about. There are plenty of restaurants, some of them quite good, depending on what you like to eat. There are bars, most of which are still closed, but some are open in the same street as the PEA office ( turn left off the main street at Kasikorn Bank, then left again at the next set of traffic lights ). Any bars that are open will be in that vicinity. There's plenty of karaoke that is open, you just need to know where to find it. Definitely no brothels or bar girls, and there IS a decent dentist.

I'm not necessarily looking for brothels. I'll just be passing through so I'm looking for bars to kill the evening 

12 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

No girls available at the karaoke? Yikes! 555

13 hours ago, solent01 said:

I lived there for 10 years....... all is available, if you know where to look...... shame "Papermoon" shut down, was a great meeting place.

Where do you suggest I look?

33 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

he wants more fun... Mor = doctor 

Fun= tooth 

Mor fun = dentist... 

I speak American English, which is often different from British English; so shoot me.  But if I were to say "more fun" thinking I was saying the Thai word for "dentist," I'd get blank stares.

To me, a closer transliteration of "dentist" (หมอฟัน) would be "maw fahn."  And if one wants to be a bit more exact, the word "maw" should have a rising tone, and "fahn" would be mid tone. 

On 12/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, TigerandDog said:

5 hours ago, Tom89 said:

Where do you suggest I look?

As T&G has said, this is the main bar area, it's not at all farang oriontated so don't expect bar girls etc.  For horizontal action there used to be a couple of places on the bypass, ladies are Thai Yai.  When heading north just before entering Fang town, turn left onto the bypass (Southern entrance) about 600m up on the right was a big bamboo building (not sure if this is still there however, it's been a long time since I lived there) the other place was further up on the same side, but this I know has relocated.  There is also a night club that is worth a look if your into that kind of thing "Krua luang", it's in the north of town (Wiang Pa Bong), tucked up in the Soi's.  Google maps "ครัวหลวง ฝาง" drive North through Fang town on 107, road turns sharp right then 800 odd metres turns sharp left, at first 7/11 on your left after these turns turn left into the Soi, straight ahead at cross road, club on your right.  Hope this helps........ have fun exploring Fang.

edit..... opposite the PEA office used to be massage with happy ending, no sign posts and sure it's gone by now........ how's your Thai, you will need to ask around lol

Edited by solent01

Fang- I blinked and I missed it. Other than a nice view of the hills I have no idea of what the attraction would be.

I stayed at Tha Ton, a little further to the north. That was a great place with lots to see. Stayed by the river- lovely

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Fang- I blinked and I missed it. Other than a nice view of the hills I have no idea of what the attraction would be.

Typically cooler weather due to it elevation, and it's a good a place as any to experiance real rural Thai life........ but yeah, it's not for everyone.

• Like 1