Fang bars

Tom89

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Go on to ThaTon. It might not have more in the way of bars, but the scenery is great, unlike Fang.

I used to drink in Khwan's Guest House (last place on left before crossing the river heading North), my wife and I became friends with her.  Unfortunatly we lost contact after her young son was killed on the road by a passing lorry.  Spent many a drunken night chatting with local expats and farang passing through...... good times.

Edited by solent01
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, TigerandDog said:

you don't know what your talking about. There are plenty of restaurants, some of them quite good, depending on what you like to eat. There are bars, most of which are still closed, but some are open in the same street as the PEA office ( turn left off the main street at Kasikorn Bank, then left again at the next set of traffic lights ). Any bars that are open will be in that vicinity. There's plenty of karaoke that is open, you just need to know where to find it. Definitely no brothels or bar girls, and there IS a decent dentist.

Thanks, it looks like my hotel is quite near that area. I'll have a wander and see what I find.

43 minutes ago, Tom89 said:

Thanks, it looks like my hotel is quite near that area. I'll have a wander and see what I find.

Right in the middle of town is the newest hotel, it's called "Sleeping Tree" modern large rooms for around 1,000 baht a night. I always stay there these days when passing through.  It's on google maps.

If you search for "สวนอาหารบ้านริมน้ำ" in google maps it will direct you to a restaurant I recommend, lovely food and location just out of town.

"Wiang Fang Wang Kung Restaurant" for Fish and Shrimp.  "Krua Sao Hin" for the best Laab Moo (by far the best I have tasted anywhere in Thailand, and the bench mark I compare all others by lol)  Both are on Google maps.

"ร้านก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือบุญชนะ" for your noodle soup etc......

Bon Appetit

Edited by solent01

1 hour ago, solent01 said:

"Krua Sao Hin" for the best Laab Moo (by far the best I have tasted anywhere in Thailand, and the bench mark I compare all others by lol)

Last trip to Vientiane found a little local hole in the wall place -  the best ever 

8 hours ago, kenk24 said:

he wants more fun... Mor = doctor 

Fun= tooth 

Mor fun = dentist... 

Top of the class, you get the House Points. 

Demerits to those with sense of humour failure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2020 at 6:07 PM, Natai Beach said:

If you get invited to a party there will most likely be a bowl with cigars in it. 
They could be just tobacco, but also could be weed mixed with opium, or just weed, or just opium mixed with tobacco. 

AKA "Tai Yai pick'n'mix"

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2020 at 7:26 PM, solent01 said:

I used to drink in Khwan's Guest House (last place on left before crossing the river heading North), my wife and I became friends with her.  Unfortunatly we lost contact after her young son was killed on the road by a passing lorry.  Spent many a drunken night chatting with local expats and farang passing through...... good times.

I stayed just across the river ( heading north ) and turn left- Riverside or something. Had a room by the river looking at that amazing jungle covered cliff.

Had more excitement than I intended at the temple on top of the hill when I nearly demolished a row of Buddhas at the top of an extremely steep hill. I was trapped at the bottom with no way to turn around and had to back up very fast. Still have shivers when I think about it!

• Haha 1

Yes, very grand looking Hotel, never actualy been in there, had coffee and snacks in their shop below.  Was the dome built then up in the temple?  Now they have this massive dome thing that has a spiral walkway inside it which takes you up top to a spectacular view.