Where do YOU go for your work permit health check-up in Bangkok?

19 minutes ago, Scott said:

I deal with a number of schools and there are differences from one province to the next and one officer to another, but in BKK the original lab test was always required.  

The only explanation I can think of then is that the Bangkok labor office treats private employers, universities, and some schools differently regarding the lab requirement. as i have been using Medconsult for many years as have my friends with varied employment.  I had heard that they required lab results from people from neighboring countries due to what they believe are high rates of syphlis.

3 minutes ago, ricklev said:

The only explanation I can think of then is that the Bangkok labor office treats private employers, universities, and some schools differently regarding the lab requirement. as i have been using Medconsult for many years as have my friends with varied employment.  I had heard that they required lab results from people from neighboring countries due to what they believe are high rates of syphlis.

I remember the first time I had to take the test and the doctor explained it was due to the high number of cases in immigrants.  He referenced Myanmar, but said all people applying for a work permit had to be tested. 

So, I went to Bumrungrad today. 675 baht for WP certificate, no blood test.

Doctor said LOADS of people get it done there.

She said it is not a requirement to get blood tested but some companies/employers require it, so some people get blood tests cos they are told by employer to do so.