ASQ - can someone tell their experience

Hi @ all

I am going to BKK soon and from what I read Alcohol is nit allowed. However when I go to TH I usually have with me about 2 litres or more gin and wine. I read they not accept alcohol in ASQ so now do they k ow I have alc in my suitcase coming  form overseas? What experience did you have entering Thailand with Alc in suitcase and going into ASQ. How do they check? What can they do if I have alc in suitcase.

Thx for your experiences

• Haha 1
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I came in 1. Dec at Centre Point Hotel, Pratunam-Bangkok. Had some whisky in my suitcase, but no one checked. Very nice room, about 40 m2, good food, Netflix and superb Internet. Smoke on the bal

I was just thinking the same. Why do people bother coming to ruin every discussion with nonsense comments. Anyway, I'm in an ASQ at the moment and nobody checks your luggage. I actually had the same q

Posted Images

so the hotel does not search my luggage which in itself would be inappropriate in my opinion (?)

Is there any customs at the moment?

I am asking bcs I usually have more alcohol inmy suitcase then allowed. Should I proceed as usual or should I be more careful this time?

12 minutes ago, OKF said:

I would appreciate some helpful replies...anyone have some experience when going into ASQ

Two guys I know recently arrived, no alcohol allowed correct and both are big beer drinkers, neither brought any over and both said would never do the quarantining ever again. No balconies and stuck in rooms for a week before they could stretch their legs or even use the pool. No room service although they drop off food, towels sheets at your door, knock and disappear before you come to answer the door.

I would put a couple of bottles in the bag and if flagged, more than likely they would take them, if that's the case make sure you watch them tip it down the sink....no point in them drinking or selling it, not really wasted then right ?

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
Just now, OKF said:

No specific reports. The xray just before luggage comes up "should" be working but haven't heard of anyone being flagged by them. All reports I've read/seen videos of would indicate highly unlikely to be caught. They're not doing anything above and beyond (in the way of customs) that they did prior to covid.

At the hotel you'll likely be asked but not searched.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, OKF said:

so the hotel does not search my luggage which in itself would be inappropriate in my opinion (?)

I am asking bcs I usually have more alcohol inmy suitcase then allowed. Should I proceed as usual or should I be more careful this time?

Suppose worst they can do is take it...or you get thru--50-50 shot....if they take it bribe someone at hotel to get you a bottle..cash is king in LOS

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

The xray just before luggage comes up "should" be working but haven't heard of anyone being flagged by them.

Has the in-line x-ray system even been installed yet? They talked about procuring it and having it operational by the end of this year, but I haven't heard any discussion of it since air traffic dried up, making it pretty much irrelevant for the near future.

30 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Has the in-line x-ray system even been installed yet?

No idea,

Last I took any notice the news report said they where due to be installed by end of November 2019, hence the "should" 555

• Haha 1