Skål Bangkok’s Wood Warns Of A Deepening Thailand Tourism Crisis

rooster59

i predict an additional 19 billion arrivals by the end of december. don't let all the barstool mongers tell you it's dead.

the whole pattaya is dead thing has been done so many times. this time it's different right ? 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Guderian said:

And what do you think is happening to the pubs and restaurants in the UK? Are the hotels on the Spanish costas, the Algarve and the eastern Med packed out with tourists from northern climes basking in the winter sun?

Why does this person seem to think that it's only Thailand that has a problem, and that the foreign tourism industry, that accounts for something between 10% and 15% of GDP, should be the nation's only priority? Get a life, man!

Because he has a vested interest, as have the foreign workers at the resort I am currently staying at. They should surely be worried that their contracts will be terminated soon. The situation will surely worsen in the next few months as mass tourism is over for the foreseeable future.

7 hours ago, dbrenn said:

I can remember when Thailand had 4 million tourists per year. That figure became 39 million in 2019.

The place was much nicer and more beautiful back then. Thailand has been spoilt by the scourge of mass tourism. I hope that they never return. 

I guess you are in Thailand with that POV.

• Like 1