One of many? Pattaya worker forced to leave city as economic downturn takes hold

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pattaya right now is the best it has ever been, a pleasure to visit, just not on a Thai long weekend .  Long may it continue  and I for one don't want to see it return to what it was fast becoming onl

bye bye.

I used to think the same thing about Pattaya. But after 8 years of living there, it drove me out. Too many tourists, over priced, and to top it all dirty, fumes, lack of general cleaning drains??? My

Posted Images

• rooster59 changed the title to One of many? Pattaya worker forced to leave city as economic downturn takes hold

Was in Pattaya yesterday on our 2 weeks stock up and loved it. Had a meal in central food court people very friendly and food cleanliness  better than before the virous ever came to Thailand. Not many people walking in the main shopping center.

Streets much less traffic then went to Foodland's

Not many eating there and the stock in the shop is running down on smart bare minimums. Happy days.

• Like 2

Pattaya like a lot of cities will be reborn and rise like the Phoenix.  The problem now is that people have ro realize that what was working (?) is not going to work in the future.

Then they have to let the people close the businesses and start to sell the properties.

Pattaya has gone back to what it was Prior to the late 60's it is a place for Thais to go to on the weekend to get some sun and sand and out of BKK.

People will start redesigning what they sell or provide to those tourists and people that own property are going to have to either sell or readjust what they charge.  They can no longer charge the high rents.

• Like 2