One of many? Pattaya worker forced to leave city as economic downturn takes hold

rooster59

Was in Pattaya yesterday on our 2 weeks stock up and loved it. Had a meal in central food court people very friendly and food cleanliness  better than before the virous ever came to Thailand. Not many people walking in the main shopping center.

Streets much less traffic then went to Foodland's

Not many eating there and the stock in the shop is running down on smart bare minimums. Happy days.

• Like 2

Pattaya like a lot of cities will be reborn and rise like the Phoenix.  The problem now is that people have ro realize that what was working (?) is not going to work in the future.

Then they have to let the people close the businesses and start to sell the properties.

Pattaya has gone back to what it was Prior to the late 60's it is a place for Thais to go to on the weekend to get some sun and sand and out of BKK.

People will start redesigning what they sell or provide to those tourists and people that own property are going to have to either sell or readjust what they charge.  They can no longer charge the high rents.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have a feeling that the likes of Siamburi's and Siam Expat foods will survive

Was up  Khao Noi last night visiting friends.... dayum is that a busy soi and the open beer bars I drove past looked to be rammed with custom.

I think the target market of both those business has the clientele to keep operating.

Edited by Techno Viking
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

So where in Thailand is far better. Pattaya is not that expensice if you shop/buy at the right places. No more than any thai city. Dirty, fumes well that again could apply to any Thai city. 

I left also Pattaya because of the filthy air. Can’t even see a blue sky between December and February. You don’t know if it is pollution or cloudy until you look sideways and can’t see a hill. 

Moved to west coast of Phangnga, dirty and fumes don’t apply here. Clean air, no piles of trash, clear water in the sea. Paradise down here. 

Not all Thai areas are equal. 

8A314A0F-3902-468A-9079-70333725A19B.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Just how much did you have to drink last night? ????

Hahahahah .. yea I don't do the alcohol now ( 22 yrs ) but it has been known for me to partake in some herbal saviour that enables me to offer my alternative view of things and stuff .. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahahahah .. yea I don't do the alcohol now ( 22 yrs ) but it has been known for me to partake in some herbal saviour that enables me to offer my alternative view of things and stuff .. 

'herbal saviour' is that a green jesus?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'herbal saviour' is that a green jesus?

I suppose it would be .. the Son of the Lord was known for many good things and being green and ecological was one also I'm pretty sure .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

If you sit at a dirty roadside bar, drinking expensive beer, near a drain you get what you pay for !

Seems to me living in Pattaya is fine. We don't go into town much - just once a week for the cinema and kfc for our daughter - and the wife cooks all the family food - we suffer no fumes and no food poisoning.

KFC and no food poisoning?  You have been very lucky. quit while you're ahead. Or do you just feed it to your poor daughter?   

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

If you sit at a dirty roadside bar, drinking expensive beer, near a drain you get what you pay for !

Seems to me living in Pattaya is fine. We don't go into town much - just once a week for the cinema and kfc for our daughter - and the wife cooks all the family food - we suffer no fumes and no food poisoning.

For your information I never sat in Bars drinking expensive beers. 

I used the smell from the drains as an example of cleanliness. When I was living there I had a M/C that's because you couldn't park a car anywhere. Try driving along any street and if you don't get a pong from the drains your lucky. 

Reason you don't get food poisoning like I used to get is, may I suggest your wife cooks all your food. 

Then again you answered your own post you don't got into town much. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

I left also Pattaya because of the filthy air. Can’t even see a blue sky between December and February. You don’t know if it is pollution or cloudy until you look sideways and can’t see a hill. 

Moved to west coast of Phangnga, dirty and fumes don’t apply here. Clean air, no piles of trash, clear water in the sea. Paradise down here. 

Not all Thai areas are equal. 

8A314A0F-3902-468A-9079-70333725A19B.jpeg

You did the correct thing. Got out. Like I and others have done you came to the conclusion that there are nice places in Thailand. They might not be on your doorstep, but if you look hard they are there.

In my case I moved 500km away.  Hope your enjoying yourself. I know we, the wife and I are. As you say no fumes and clean. What else do you want. 

• Like 1