What is the Rental Market in Pattaya and District Like Now?

Are there many rental properties  around ( but not in) Pattaya, out to about Ban Chang area, say 40km, so a large area?   A friend is looking for a 2/3 bed house (not town house) with a reasonably sized garden for a small dog or two. for a long rental period, 12 months plus.  Rents seems soft at the moment, but I have no real knowledge of the market to pass on.  Any info appreciated, by PM, or on the forum page. 

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The World seems to revolve around FB, neither my friend, nor indeed I,  have a FB account, thank goodness. 

You may want to consider an account, for things like real estate it is most of the marketplace nowadays.

Agents dont have webbsites anymore, they have a FB page, they dont advertise/list in traditional media, they list on FB. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, Peterw42 said:

You may want to consider an account, for things like real estate it is most of the marketplace nowadays.

Agents dont have webbsites anymore, they have a FB page, they dont advertise/list in traditional media, they list on FB. 

Maybe just ask a friend with a FB account to look for me, may be the answer. I asked here, just in case someone knew someone who had such a property for rent.  Worth a punt. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Are there many rental properties  around ( but not in) Pattaya, out to about Ban Chang area, say 40km, so a large area?   A friend is looking for a 2/3 bed house (not town house) with a reasonably sized garden for a small dog or two. for a long rental period, 12 months plus.  Rents seems soft at the moment, but I have no real knowledge of the market to pass on.  Any info appreciated, by PM, or on the forum page. 

I don't have FB either although I own the stock.

If you just do a search on Ban Chang properties, several agencies come up with various options.

To add I just searched BC properties for rent.  Many listed in 20,000 b range or under.

I will PM you the website.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Bit off my own topic, but not for me thanks.  Too insecure by half and why do I want to know what others are doing and seeing thousands of their silly selfies. If I want to know, I ask. Or indeed tell them what I am doing. None of their business.  Online retail is fine for me, I don't need FB. 

You can make a facebook account without adding any friends , just join some groups or visit marketplace  .

Facebook is a good place to find property being sold/rented by the owners and without going through an agency 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pilotman said:
1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe just ask a friend with a FB account to look for me, may be the answer. I asked here, just in case someone knew someone who had such a property for rent.  Worth a punt. 

It's easy enough to firewall yourself from your FB account. Spare laptop or smartphone or different, dedicated user account on the PC, alternate email address, etc..

• Like 1