What is the Rental Market in Pattaya and District Like Now?

Are there many rental properties  around ( but not in) Pattaya, out to about Ban Chang area, say 40km, so a large area?   A friend is looking for a 2/3 bed house (not town house) with a reasonably sized garden for a small dog or two. for a long rental period, 12 months plus.  Rents seems soft at the moment, but I have no real knowledge of the market to pass on.  Any info appreciated, by PM, or on the forum page. 

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The World seems to revolve around FB, neither my friend, nor indeed I,  have a FB account, thank goodness. 

You may want to consider an account, for things like real estate it is most of the marketplace nowadays.

Agents dont have webbsites anymore, they have a FB page, they dont advertise/list in traditional media, they list on FB. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Peterw42 said:

You may want to consider an account, for things like real estate it is most of the marketplace nowadays.

Agents dont have webbsites anymore, they have a FB page, they dont advertise/list in traditional media, they list on FB. 

Maybe just ask a friend with a FB account to look for me, may be the answer. I asked here, just in case someone knew someone who had such a property for rent.  Worth a punt. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Are there many rental properties  around ( but not in) Pattaya, out to about Ban Chang area, say 40km, so a large area?   A friend is looking for a 2/3 bed house (not town house) with a reasonably sized garden for a small dog or two. for a long rental period, 12 months plus.  Rents seems soft at the moment, but I have no real knowledge of the market to pass on.  Any info appreciated, by PM, or on the forum page. 

I don't have FB either although I own the stock.

If you just do a search on Ban Chang properties, several agencies come up with various options.

To add I just searched BC properties for rent.  Many listed in 20,000 b range or under.

I will PM you the website.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Bit off my own topic, but not for me thanks.  Too insecure by half and why do I want to know what others are doing and seeing thousands of their silly selfies. If I want to know, I ask. Or indeed tell them what I am doing. None of their business.  Online retail is fine for me, I don't need FB. 

You can make a facebook account without adding any friends , just join some groups or visit marketplace  .

Facebook is a good place to find property being sold/rented by the owners and without going through an agency 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe just ask a friend with a FB account to look for me, may be the answer. I asked here, just in case someone knew someone who had such a property for rent.  Worth a punt. 

It's easy enough to firewall yourself from your FB account. Spare laptop or smartphone or different, dedicated user account on the PC, alternate email address, etc..

• Like 1

that's the next step if she gets in touch.  I think Mrs P will do it with a machete. ????

I gave up on FB for pretty much the same reason. Twice.

The first time, an otherwise innocent picture of me in Hilary bar in Soi 4 was seen by the 'wrong people' so I bailed. The second (and final) time, about a year later, was when someone started stalking Mrs NL so I burned my FB bridge in case it was coming from my cupboard.

Back on topic, the FB marketplaces are really quite good. I once scored a stack of hardly used wooden shipping pallets for a song when I badly needed a temporary, off-the-ground storage solution. Resold them about 8 months later via the same FB marketplace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Facebook is a good place to find property being sold/rented by the owners and without going through an agency 

I cannot think of a more foolish thing to do here.

There are so many positives that a reputable agency can provide before, during, and after the process.

Many stories on here how dealing directly with the owner ended up badly.

Not returning deposits, lack of repairs, lack of transparency of immediate or surrounding issues, noise, construction, garbage dumps. not filing with immigration, contract issues, language issues, on and on.

The agents usually have a reputation to uphold the sellers or renters could care less. Not to mention the potential for fraud.

But, up to the individual. Maybe some believe they can get a better deal.

I personally have always used an agent and never had any problems with issues I have mentioned or anything else they have always been an excellent conduit.  

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its a tenants market for the coming years.

Just drive around in neighborhoods you like and check for the uncountable for  rent and for sale signs

good advice I think, which I have passed on

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:08 AM, Pilotman said:

Jomtien has plenty offers to rent....

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2020 at 3:29 PM, NanLaew said:

I gave up on FB for pretty much the same reason. Twice.

The first time, an otherwise innocent picture of me in Hilary bar in Soi 4 was seen by the 'wrong people' so I bailed. The second (and final) time, about a year later, was when someone started stalking Mrs NL so I burned my FB bridge in case it was coming from my cupboard.

Back on topic, the FB marketplaces are really quite good. I once scored a stack of hardly used wooden shipping pallets for a song when I badly needed a temporary, off-the-ground storage solution. Resold them about 8 months later via the same FB marketplace.

Hilary bar what Nr?????Next time try Morning Night. 55555555

On 12/5/2020 at 10:08 AM, Pilotman said:

why not look google.....???