Jump to content

Video: Nabbed! Gang cut down 100m of TOT phone cables worth 100,000 baht


Recommended Posts

Video: Nabbed! Gang cut down 100m of TOT phone cables worth 100,000 baht

 

1607096000112.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

 

Thai media 77kaoded featured the arrest of a gang of five contractors of a private internet cable company who were caught red handed cutting down Telephone Organization of Thailand cable in Krabi. 

 

Their apparent leader Surasak, 30, from Hat Yai in the far south was taken on a reconstruction in handcuffs to the Na Thai Road in Muang district yesterday morning after the arrests the previous day.

 

The media even put together a video to mark the occasion. 

 

 

Also arrested and admitting the crime were Phitak, 37, Krissada, 18, Faifoo, 30 and Krittaphop, aged 27. 

 

Police took a pick-up, four pairs of pliers, a bamboo ladder and 100 meters of telephone cable valued at 100,000 baht into evidence. 

 

The TOT had called in the police after witnessing the illegal activity on Thursday.

 

Source: 77kaoded

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-05
 
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now they transport fish through these cables? I am confused. 😉 

Looking at the photo the cable are multi-pair copper cables, perhaps 100 or 200 pair, but difficult to say how many. The cables on the concrete floor in the video look to be maybe 20/50 pair.

Thank you Mr Sofa you are a veritable ceaseless fountain of knowledge .. J G will get a smack across the head offa the flock for making such a schoolboy error .. but I'm intrigued why do people put fi

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Presumably the 'cables' are Fibre optic data carriers.

I thought the fiber optic cables were not worth anything...I thought only the copper electric wires had value.  I guess I am wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Looking at the photo the cable are multi-pair copper cables, perhaps 100 or 200 pair, but difficult to say how many.

The cables on the concrete floor in the video look to be maybe 20/50 pair.

 

Would they be used for 'phone and internet use .? I always thought that heavy multi core copper cables were used for electricity .. but I'm no telecoms or internet engineer .. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:
28 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Looking at the photo the cable are multi-pair copper cables, perhaps 100 or 200 pair, but difficult to say how many.

The cables on the concrete floor in the video look to be maybe 20/50 pair.

 

Would they be used for 'phone and internet use .? I always thought that heavy multi core copper cables were used for electricity .. but I'm no telecoms or internet engineer .. 

Oh ye with dyslexia!😀 I wrote 'multi-pair', not 'multi-core'. Yes, multi-core is used for electricity supply cables, to allow for flexibility.

For an analogue (normal voice) telephone or fax line it needs one pair of wires from the phone/fax all the way to the telephone exchange.

Multi-pair means, say, ten subscribers with ten different phone numbers need ten pairs of cables.

Internet and fibre-optics is another kettle of fish entirely.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Oh ye with dyslexia!😀 I wrote 'multi-pair', not 'multi-core'. Yes, multi-core is used for electricity supply cables, to allow for flexibility.

For an analogue (normal voice) telephone or fax line it needs one pair of wires from the phone/fax all the way to the telephone exchange.

Multi-pair means, say, ten subscribers with ten different phone numbers need ten pairs of cables.

Internet and fibre-optics is another kettle of fish entirely.

 

Thank you Mr Sofa you are a veritable ceaseless fountain of knowledge .. J G will get a smack across the head offa the flock for making such a schoolboy error .. but I'm intrigued why do people put fish in a kettle .. won't it make the tea taste a bit 'well fishy .. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...