Oil and Filter change on a CBR 300R...

Rhys

Aloha Gents, 

I was not paying attention to the shop and the receipts.. but don't you normally when changing oil, change the filter?    The wife call the shop and they said, the fllter does not need to be change, only at 10K intervals.. hmmm. I am debating whether to go to another shop and have do this right RnR both Oil and Filter.. and as I have been informed, TELL the FILTER needs to be changed as well.. Papa.. words of wisdom to spread?

Bike CBR 300R 

6 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Always with the filter to make sure that you are on the safe side.

Time to do your oil change by yourself. 

Thanks for the insight.. yes, I know... but I learned my lesson.. I will watch the mechanics.. especially new ones working on the bike.. Thanks for the video.. Cheers Mate on the pegs.

• Thanks 1

According to the maintenance schedule which i found on Google you are supposed to change the oil and filter every 12,000kms

I assume you requested an oil change before 12,000kms? Then the shop did just do what they were told by you, changed the oil, the 12k km service were probably not due yet, thus they didn't think about changing the oil filter.

9 hours ago, Rhys said:

The wife call the shop and they said, the fllter does not need to be change, only at 10K intervals.. hmmm.

The CBR300 and CRF250L have basically the same engine...oil and filter every 12k

Serv Sched.JPG

Thanks you I was looking for the online manual and I could not find this specific REGs.. thanks.. going to another shop for a redo..      Only have the 300 now.

5896f5ca88d6b_20170205_155936(1).thumb.jpg.29a94a17e244f95ce342cfe55483a328.jpg

Edited by Rhys
  • Like 1