Getting a bike "de-registered" and hauled away

Myran

Hi,

I have an older big bike, 400cc, that I can't be bothered with anymore and would like to basically have hauled away. It is currently registered in another province and taxed until the middle of next year.

I basically only want to get rid of it, but since my name is in the green book and I don't want to mess around with transferring it (as I would have to transfer the bike to my current province and get new plates), I'm wondering if I can get it "de-registered".

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Is there scrapyards that basically take care of the whole process?

Edited by Myran

8 minutes ago, Myran said:

(as I would have to transfer the bike to my current province and get new plates)

No you wouldn't have to,  many Thai people would take it off your hands and do all running about if they think the bike is worth and a runner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Had to buy a new microwave Tuesday. Put old one out with the trash bag for Tessaban to collect. They left it. Thursday morning it was gone. Someone grabbed it.

Do the same. Put a FREE sign on it in thai

As I stated in the opening post, the issue isn't to find someone who wants the bike, but that the bike is registered in my name. I don't want to be associated with a bike being used for God-knows-what, hence my query about getting it de-registered.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Take the green book to DLT, turn it in, place bike beside road

Thanks, I'll have the missus call them and see what they have to say. But it seems like the most logical place to do it at.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:28 PM, Myran said:

Hi,

I have an older big bike, 400cc, that I can't be bothered with anymore and would like to basically have hauled away. It is currently registered in another province and taxed until the middle of next year.

I basically only want to get rid of it, but since my name is in the green book and I don't want to mess around with transferring it (as I would have to transfer the bike to my current province and get new plates), I'm wondering if I can get it "de-registered".

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Is there scrapyards that basically take care of the whole process?

What province are you at? What province is the bike registered at? 

Take it to the nearest repair shop. I just got rid of 2 small non runners  M/c both were way out of tax and one wasn't even registered to me, a guy from one of the small repair shops came, took em away, he gave me B4000 baht for them, i was hoping for B2000  after he got em going, then i gave him the books. one was my first bike i brought second hand 10yrs+ ago an old Yamaha mio 110cc with front drum brakes, my wife and i shed a tear to see it go all those memories we have , and laughter remembering the times she had to get off and push it to get us up some very steep hills and we're both not overweight :cheesy::cheesy:. And now i see it in the village being used again ????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, geworthomd said:

I will take it. I am in the south

You could if OP's name is in the book.

You could pay for his proof of address if he hasn't got a yellow book and get a copy.

Get a copy of his Passport.

Get him to sign 2 forms from the DLT.

You can then own the bike.